Question about RCA HD50LPW175 50" HDTV
If anyone has a schematic or service manual to help identify this problem, I would greatly appreciate the input. The television is 2 1/2 years old with a price tag near $2000 and now worth zero unless I can get it operational. The repair service I took it to said I needed to replace a full board that cost $675 not including installation. I believe there must be a better way possibly by replacing capacitors.Any ideas or literature would be appreciated-Bull from NY.
Still sounds like a lamp:
TV won’t turn on
• Press the TV button or ON/OFF button while remote is in TV mode and there’s a source of power to the outlet or outlet strip.
• Make sure the TV is plugged in.
• You might have tried to turn on the TV during the lamp cool-down. Wait a few moments and the picture will appear.
• Has the power light on the front of the TV been blinking for one minute? If so, the lamp may be dead. Refer to the Power indicator
is blinking or fl ashing section below for more information.
• When you fi rst plug your TV into an outlet, the Power indicator on the front panel will light and blink for approximately 30 seconds
and then go off during the initialization of the TV. This happens only when power is reapplied to the TV. The TV can only be turned
on after the Power indicator goes off.
• Check the wall receptacle (or extension cord) to make sure it is “live” by plugging in something else, such as a lamp.
• Something might be wrong with your remote control. Press the POWER button on the front of the TV. If the TV turns on, check the
remote control solutions on page 84.
• Remote Setup might be set to the wrong option. Press MENU/OK on the front panel. Select Connections, then Special Features, then
Remote Setup. Choose TV (default).
Power indicator is blinking or fl ashing
If the light blinks 5 times, pauses, and blinks again 5 times, the lamp is trying to turn on. If the TV doesn’t turn on after 5 minutes and
then the light blinks steadily for one minute, one of the following options is possible:
• Lamp door may be open.Face the back of the TV. Locate the door at the bottom of the TV and close it. Turn off the TV and turn
back on. The lamp should turn on.
You can easily replace the lamp yourself by following the lamp replacement instructions. If your TV is still covered by
the warranty, call 1-866-723-6486 to receive troubleshooting assistance and a lamp replacement.
• If your TV’s warranty has expired, call 1-800-338-0376 to purchase a lamp replacement.
To order the correct lamp, you’ll need to know your TV’s model number, serial number, and lamp type—this
information is listed on the Service Model Number sticker (example of the sticker is shown above). Face the back of
the TV. The sticker is located on the right side of the TV.
Hope this helps :)
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
On a very similar model I found there is a ballast board that powers the lamp. The board is likely bad. On my model RCA it is a small board located beneath the fan. Tracing the lamp power cables back would likely allow you to find the board.
Posted on Nov 20, 2007
The fuse blows when there is aproblem with the convergence board - if the TV just had issues with the convergence b4 you soldered and replaced the fuse then the set should not be dead - I would check all plugs especially the 2 flexible (short) cables that jump the (ssb) two boards together. Do you hear the HV trying to start (a little chirp sound near the flyback) If so the set is in shutdown mode if not then power supply problems are usually the cause - check for swelled capacitors in power supply.
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
Testimonial: "Amazing how you can pinpoint an issue by reading text from someone who has no idea what they are doing! Great job! It was one of the two flimsy cables"
If it's agreen wire with a stripe (usually yellow) it is likely a chassis ground (ie center plug of 3 prong electrical cord). The best source for schematics I've found (although they cost) is servivcemanuals.net.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 02, 2009
Testimonial: "i like this information better than take to a repair guy like the other idiots said at least it helps me get started "
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2009 | RCA HD50LPW175 50" HDTV
Jun 20, 2009 | RCA Scenium M50WH187 50" HDTV
Nov 29, 2008 | RCA HD50LPW175 50" HDTV
Jan 08, 2008 | RCA HD50LPW175 50" HDTV
Dec 25, 2007 | RCA HD50LPW175 50" HDTV
Oct 19, 2007 | RCA HD50LPW175 50" HDTV
1,403 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: