?The CD or DVD Drive is not inserted".....error message
Every so often, in the middle of typing, something goes wrong with my keyboard and I get a message saying: ?The CD or DVD Drive is not inserted. Please insert the drive which can play CD or DVD.? When I see that message, typing is virtually impossible for a few minutes. Some times it even goes into a bigger screen (everything becomes bigger, kind of like the way it looks on safe mode). Another thing I've noticed is that there is a symbol right above the "9" key that looks like a 4-leaf clover, and it lights up when this problem occurs most of the time. A virus scan produced nothing.
Does anyone know how this can be fixed? I never use discs on the computer, so I don't know why this message occurs.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: ?The CD or DVD Drive is not inserted".....error...
You may have pressed the Fn (function key) and F10 by accident at some time, pres Fn and F10 again to turn off the embedded cursor keypad, this enables/dissables the light grey labeled keys.
This is all i can find related to that key, otherwise the other function is a light to show the dvd is active, but that icon doesnt look like a 4 leaf clover.
This may be the problem when you type, so either the keyboard sensors are faulty or turn off the Fn F10 cursor use, or go to my computer>right click>properties>hardware tab>device manager and in the next window look down to ythe line that says keyboards, click '+'sign and on the line below right click then select uninstall.
Restart notebook and the keyboard will self install again hopefully the problem will be solved.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not much to go go wrong with the connections. Does the drive mount? Check device manager for errors. Swap connections. If the issue is the same it's the drive. If it follows the connections then it's the PC or cabling/connector.
Windows starts with a black screen .NTLDR NOT FOUND.
insert the Windows CD provided by the company or get any Windows XP(home /professional) CD.
Insert in the CD drive and restart the computer by pressing enter key on the keyboard.
look at the bottom of the screen, it might ask to press F3 , F8 or some F(function)key to select boot option/menu.
press the key
wait for the computer to copy the files, on the blue screen it will ask U to press "R" to repair ,press the "r" button on the keyboard.
wait for some time
A black screen will appear press number "1" on the keyboard then hit enter,
it will ask U for the Administrator password , put the login password that U use to login the computer ( if there is no password just press enter key)and press enter button
now u will see "c:\.........your name
type : map (press enter)
U will see the drive map ,look for the cd/dvd drive ...
now type the letter c,d,e,or f which ever is beside the cd/dvd drive and press collon
example: if the cd/dvd drive is "d"
d: (press enter)
now type in
cd i386 (press enter)
again type in
copy ntldr c: (press enter)
it will give a message
1 file copied
now remove the CD from the drive and
exit or simply restart the computer
**********congrats U r issue is resolved enjoy***********
Insert your operating system disc in to your cd/dvd rom drive, then go to my computer properties, now go to device manager and right click on keyboard or mouse what you want, now re-install your device from your cd/dvd rom, and restart your system.
CD/DVD drive in device manager and the CD/DVD properties in device manager shows error code10 , 19 , 31 , 32 , 39 or 41, please use the following steps:
This issue occurs due to an incorrect registry entry, which might be created due to installation of an incompatible CD/DVD burning program. We will remove the registry entry and re-install the CD/DVD drive and the issue will be fixed.
1. Click on Start and type regedit in the search box and hit enter. It will open Registry Editor window.
2. It will open registry editor.
3. Click on File and Export, it will open a new window.
4. Select Desktop from left pane in the new window and put file name as regbackup and click on Save.
5. It will create a back up of the registry on desktop.
In case something goes wrong during modifying registry, this registry backup can be used to restore to original registry.
6. Now in registry editor click on triangle symbol next to the following items in the left pane:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class
7. Locate4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 below class and click on it. Make sure you have selected the correct entry as all the entries looks almost similar.
8. Look at right pane and check if you see UpperFilter and LowerFilters entries.
9. Please right click on UpperFilter and LowerFilters and select delete.
10. make sure there are no other UpperFilter and LowerFilters entry in that window.
11. Close registry editor.
12. Now please click on Start and type device manager in the search box and hit enter.
13. It will open Device manager window.
14. Click on + sign near CD/DVD entry and it will show the name of the CD/DVD drive with a yellow mark near it.
15. Right click on it and select uninstall.
16. It will remove the CD/DVD entry from device manager.
17. In Device manager, click on Action > Scan for hardware changes to re-install CD/DVD drive.
18. Now you should see the CD/DVD drive entry.
19. Do you see any yellow mark near it now?
20. Please click on Start > Computer and check if CD/DVD drive is listed.
21. Please insert a CD or DVD and check if the computer reads it.
Hi, The compute post tests the computer, insuring that it meets the necessary system requirements and that all hardware working properly before starting the remainder of the boot process. 1 Short Beep, Normal POST, computer is okay. No problem. 2 Short Beep, POST error....floppy drive 0 error and keyboard error........This can happen because there is something wrong with your floppy drive, something is causing your computer not to detect it or that you simply don't have one. Check your floppy cables and connections first to ensure that they are
connected properly, if they are then you may have a burned out
controller on your motherboard, a bad floppy cable or drive, or your
motherboard may be faulty. If you don't have one you can disable the
message in your computers BIOS. To get to the BIOS screen, during boot
up at the bottom of the screen it will say something like "press F2 for
setup" or something along those lines. That will take you to the BIOS
screen. In the settings there should be options like first boot device,
second boot device, and so on... change the one that say 3.5 floppy to
something else such as your CD rom.That will get rid of that message.
Keyboard error or no keyboard present shows up when your computer can't find your keyboard or there is something wrong with it. Replace with new keyboard. Thank you
well, sounds like common error promblem have you tried looking and seeing if mite have bought the wrong kind of dvd's I have done this before i bought dvd's instead of Cdrw's discs.? or try dowloading www.slysoft.com thier cd player plays and reads and rewrites almost anything .. lala linda
If this is happening it's usually a sign that your drive is failing as it can no longer read the media type, but just double check, if you are using Nero that you havent got DVD highlighted in the start smart as the media to burn to.