My sidekick 2 stopped reading the sim card. i've read that i can put some paper behind the battery to help fix this, but i'm not familiar with how to take the cover off, to access the battery. also, i have a working sidekick with a broken screen. i've been considering taking the good screen off the broken sk2 and placing it on the other one. any suggestions?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is probably not sitting right in the SIM card slot. It needs to be in the slot kind of tight so the terminals are having a good contact with the inside of the phone. Sometimes, you can thicking the card up by putting a small piece of paper or even scotch tape on the back of the sim card. this way when you push the card in, it is more snug and in place. That is most likely the problem.
Here is your solution: Now follow these steps to a "T" don't do any shortcuts etc, this is "across the board" for all sidekicks it worked on my Sidekick Slide and on my Sidekick 2008.
1. Remove battery and the SIM card from the devise. 2. Flip the sidekick open; press and hold the letter "r" on the keypad 3. While holding the letter "r", place the battery back in the device. DO NOT INSERT SIM CARD YET. 4. The Sidekick will restart itself twice. Please make sure not to let the letter "r" go until it has fully rebooted. 5. Once it has fully rebooted, remove the battery, reinstall the SIM card and battery. 6. Power up device. 7. Once the device has fully rebooted, all prior information should be erased from the device and it should be restored back to the default factory setting.
Sorry, the sidekick II doesn't have a battery that can be pulled out. You need to pull back the bumper on one side to access the sim card slot.
Follow these instructions to remove your operator-supplied SIM card from your device:
Turn off your device by pressing the power on/off key.
Expose the SIM card slot by peeling back the bumper from the top-left edge of the device:
Press down on the silver "catch" and the SIM card will spring out of its slot. Remove the SIM card carefully. (Always handle your SIM card carefully since the card and gold contacts can be easily damaged by scratches or bends. Be sure to keep SIM cards out of reach of small children.)
Now insert the SIM card containing the contacts you want to import:
Insert the SIM card into its slot with the gold contacts facing up and the cut corner facing out.
When you release the SIM card make sure it is locked into position behind the catch so it doesn't spring out.
Yeah, I can help. On the sidekick 08 when placing the card make sure you place the card with the cut edge facing the battery. This phone work with the sim card facing the opposite way. Hope this help:)
hello, hope these instructions help:
1. To expose the SIM card slot, peel back the bumper from the top-left edge of the device. (fig 1)
2. Insert the SIM into the slot with the gold contacts facing forward and the cut corner facing out. (fig 2)
3. When you release the SIM, make sure it is locked into position behind the catch so it will not spring out.
4. Replace the bumper and turn on the device.
Any problems, let me know :) Si