- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That is the problem with WMA's - they are glitchy, the licenses expire after a while, and the songs you paid for are no good if you allow your music service subscription to expire. You actually have to renew the songs through Rhapsody, delete the existing ones after your Sansa, and then re-sync them through Windows Media Player.
If you only download and transfer songs in mp3 format, they will never give you this problem.
I ran into the same problem with my Sansa when listening to legally downloaded audio books from the local library. This is what I found:
" Are you sure the player is in MTP(plays for sure) mode when you transfer it? You
can check by going to settings>usb mode on the player itself. I
think it needs to be for you to use library files like that. " (This worked for me)
"are you copy and pasting the files? if so you will need to use WMP to
sync the files. copy and paste might not be transferring the license." (didn't try this -- didn't need to)
The mp3 Sansa e250 Sandisk seems to work on the computer and shows all the stored music contents but when I try to paly the songs by itself "No Songs" message appears. No song or video is being played. Is there any solution to make it work as before?
Try using Windows Media Player instead, and see if you get the same result. If it loads in Windows Media Player, then the problem is with WinAmp and not your Mp3 player. When you say it loads half-way, do you mean it loads half the songs and then shuts off? Is the Sansa running on low battery? WinAmp has some kind of update released in the past week - did you download the update, and then experience the problem? It's probably not this, because other users have had the same problem that you are reporting since at least Christmas 2007.
The following is an advice from another Sansa user, so I haven't been able to verify it myself: "I have to have WinAmp open and a song playing then connect my player and then it will work fine. If I just connect my player then start WinAmp it crashes"
If all of the above fails, reformat your player and start over from scratch. Let me know how everything works out - this is an issue that not even the Sansa website seems to have an answer for.
What that means is s that you have to log into the music subcription, download a new songs and then transfer it to the device..that should update the root license folder that you have on your device.its like renting the songs from the subscription company..they are just making sure you have the subscription going...once you cancel you wont be able to play the tracks anymore...let me know if you need further assistance..
Please rate accordingly..
first you must format the player using msc mode then after that retransfer the songs to the player. If you are receiving this message it means that the songs on the player have expired. This is normal if you download the songs off rhapsody, napster or any online music stores and if you have ripped songs iwht copy protect music on it if you ripped them using windows media player 10.