Question about LG VX9400 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

I dropped my phone in the toilet

I dryed it turned it back on, it worked so i left it charging and the next morning in didnt turn on even with the charger

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

When something like this happens, you need to take the battery out and let it dry for a few DAYS. Unfortunately you started it charging - the battery was probably not dry inside and you likely shorted it out. Try using someone else's battery to make sure it's not the phone, if the phone turns on you may just need to purchase a new battery. If even with a foreign batter the phone still doesn't work you'll likely have to buy a new phone. Sorry!

Posted on Feb 01, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Dropped lg touch in toilet


its not dry enough... Blow dry it 1 to 1and a half meters away from phone a minute every 2 hours... with a minimum of 3 days...
:)

Jan 19, 2013 | LG Dare VX9700 Cell Phone

1 Answer

Repairing wet phone


try clean motherboard

Aug 29, 2012 | LG Cell Phones

1 Answer

Got water damage and wont turn on


I dropped my phone in the toilet and surprisingly it still works. First I took the battery off and dried the phone and battery as much as I could. Then I took my blow dryer and a towel where I folded the towel in half and positioned the phone and the blow dryer under the towel and left it going for about an hour. The next day I took the phone and sat it in the sun until the inside moisture was gone. Then I charged it my phone has been working fine ever since and that was nearly two months ago.

Oct 05, 2009 | LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Phone got wet.


Most likely the screen display had a shortcut. You need to replace it, although it's not cheap. Expect to pay a little less than the full price of the phone.

Next time spend more time drying the phone, you can even use a bowl with rice to immerse the phone and leave it dry for one full day.

Sep 04, 2009 | LG Shine CU720 Cellular Phone

2 Answers

Drop my phone in water


Take the battery out immediately, dry everything that you can with a towel. Let it stand for a few days to dry out inside before trying to turn it back on or you will fry it out. T mobile will not do anything to help you...

Feb 14, 2009 | T-Mobile Sidekick® 3 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

I dropped my phone in the toilet, i dryed it out turned it back on and it worked but i left in it charging and now it wont turn back on again


call *611 and ask for a warranty exchange i work for t-mobile also go to verizon and ask about an upgrade

Dec 30, 2008 | LG VX9400 Cellular Phone

14 Answers

My LG Vu says Emergency download after I dropped it in water. And it won't do anything but go to that screen fell into the toilet and when i tried turning it on i saays Emergency Download


Take out the battery....then put it back in. Do not try to turn on the phone yet. Next plug the phone up to charge. Wait until the charging screen appears and then power the phone. Worked for me.....good luck.

Dec 30, 2008 | LG Vu CU920 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

My phone in salt water.


Salt water is corrosive and even if you do get them to work again they wont work long....buy a new phone...and ipod and camera...

Jun 28, 2008 | LG enV VX9900 Cellular Phone

3 Answers

Phone got wet


I had a very similar problem when I dropped my phone in a mudpuddle. I could not get it to work at all and I think the connector that is used by the hotsync cable was shorted with muddy water because it kept trying to rngage the hotsync operation even without a cable.

I disassembled the phone as much as possible and got some distilled water and rinsed the unit very thoroughly It is important to use distilled water because distilled water has all of the mineral content removed and is non conductive.

After that, you can dry the unit with a hair dryer, but it is unlikely you will be able to get the water out of the phone that way very effectively. I had access to an oven that had accurate controls and set it at 180 degrees and left the phone in there for several hours.

When I reassembled and turned it on, everything worked fine again. The only thing I noticed was that the backlight was less uniform than before. I think that was because of some of the contaminants from the mudpuddle that I could not rinse free. It is barely noticeable, and I have been runnig great for 6 months since.

I hope this helps...

PE

Jun 26, 2008 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone

1 Answer

Unable to charge


My wife spilled some water on her Pebl and she shut it off for the night. She dried it pretty good but it had a protective case over it and she thought that it didnt get water into the inside of the phone but it did. The next morning the phone wouldnt work. We left the battery out all day and yes, the "wet" dot had turned red. We thought all was lost, but that evening after it had dried we replaced the sim card and battery and turned it on and it worked fine....except it needed to be charged and when she went to plug it in we got the "unable to charge" msg and the phone shut off. Well, since I had bought the phone second off of Ebay I knew there was nothing that Cingular would do, I took the screws out of the back and took the phone apart. There is another one of those dots back there as well....and it wasnt tripped. I did notice a little bit of white stuff around were the battery prongs touch the main circuit board, I gently used the small screw driver I used to take out the screws and cleaned that stuff off. I also gently scraped those prongs and the metal they touch on the circuit board. Thought it was a long shot but I put the phone back together and plugged it in and bygod, its charging. Guess we will see how long this fixes the problem. Hope this helps you out some.

Jun 05, 2007 | Motorola Mobility Earwrap Handsfree For...

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG VX9400 Cellular Phone Logo

Related Topics:

86 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Cell Phones Experts

kenneth njonjo

Level 3 Expert

1575 Answers

Vorked Entertainment...
Vorked Entertainment...

Level 2 Expert

84 Answers

IT Solution
IT Solution

Level 3 Expert

805 Answers

Are you a LG Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...