An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Brother MFC-7820N Printer
Hello! do you have the cd that came with the machine? if so you should be able to set up the lap top, also check to see if the printer has check matk beside it as the default printer. this would be in printer set up on the lap top good luck brother sr tech
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The MFC-5860CN is a networked printer, so if you have a network card in your tower, and one on your laptop also (which most have), then this would be the easiest way of doing it.
Can both machines go on the internet together? If so, simply plug your printer into your router, like another PC, set the network settings, and install it on the computers as a networked printer. You may need the driver CD in order to do this.
We have multiple 7820s in our office. This would be a configuration problem with your windows XP computer. From the XP computer, open a command prompt and type "ping x.x.x.x" where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the 7820n. Make sure you get four successes. I would then uninstall the brother software and drivers and go to "printers and faxes" in the control panel and manually add the printer.
To manually add a network printer, with it's own print server, on Win XP:
1 Click "Add Printer"
2 Select "Local Printer Attached to this computer"
3 Deselect "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer" then click "Next"
4. Click "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP" from the drop down. Click "Next". this will open TCP/IP Wizard
5. Type in Printer IP Address next to IP Address (Port name will autopopulate) and click "Next"
6. If wizard finds printer, it will show you "Finish" button. If you get a "Additional Port Information Required" window, something is wrong with your printer or windows xp network configuration.
7. When the TCP Wizard window closes, it will take you back to Add Printer Wizard. Select "Have Disk" and navigate to the \USA\WXP\Addprt directory on your Brother Drivers disc.
8. Select brxpadd.inf and click "Open" then click "OK"
9. Select "Brother MFC 7820 N Printer" from the list and click "Next"
10. Select name of printer, whether you want a default, print test page and DONE!
I had work done on my laptop. I have a Brother MFC 7820N printer, scanner,fax,copier. I cannot find my cd for setting the drivers to have my laptop use the 7820N. Where can I pull the information down on line to enable my laptop to use my printer?
The 7820N prints double-sided manually using the drivers. From Windows, select File / Print. On the pop-up window, click on Preferences, select the Advanced tab, click on the A/B pages icon, and select Manual Duplex. "OK" your way out. When you print, you'll first confirm to print one side of all pages. Then follow the instructions that appear.