- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like you have worn, loose or cut wires at or near your laptops hinges. You need to contact gateway if it is under warranty or the purchase place if you have an extended warranty through them. If it's out of warranty you will have to find a technician that repairs gateway laptops or pay for gateway to fix it.
Overheating When the CPU overheats then it will shut down (i.e. thermal overload) and won't boot up again until it has cooled down. If this is the problem is not fixed then the CPU will eventually fail. A faulty fan causes the problem or the fan and heat sink assembly are clogged with dust. Check the CPU fan to see if it spins freely, if not replace the fan. If the fan and heat sink is clogged with dust the remove the dust and make sure the vents are clear and dust free. Use a small brush and can of compressed air to do this.
When the CPU overheats then it will shut down (i.e. thermaloverload) and won't boot up again until it has cooled down. If this is theproblem is not fixed then the CPU will eventually fail. A faulty fan causes the problem or the fan and heat sink assembly are cloggedwith dust. Check the CPU fan to see if it spins freely, if not replace the fan. If the fan and heat sink is clogged with dust the remove the dust and make surethe vents are clear and dust free. Use a small brush and can of compressed airto do this.
Well, first you need to take the heat sink off the cpu & take it a part, remove giant dust ball. Then put it back together, replacing the cpu "grease/thermal paste" with arctic silver or some equivlent. Depending on where you use this lapatop, you may want to get a fanned cooler, to put under it.
This is a critical issue you will need to replace the fan inside the lap top. Or clean it the blades may be hitting dust accumulation around the fan. The bearings are getting worn down and soon it will stick and then burn up the CPU change this fan out I would say "RIGHT NOW". If you decided to do this on your own. If you know how to do this or have done lap top repairs before you would know this is so important. It is an indication of things not so pretty to come your way, now is the time for a bath and a new fan. Thanks great question? John
Most newer lap top computers generate a lot of heat. The designers of the machine walk a narrow line between efficiency and customer satisfaction. The heat comes from the processor and the power supply of the screen. Designers incorporate a standard called heat pipe design into cooling the CPU along with a small fan sometimes. The heat pipe design is a static (no electricity used) means of wicking away the heat from the processor. When the temperature goes higher than the heat pipe can act, a small fan cuts in to reduce the temperature, but at a cost of using electricity from your batteries. The heat of the lap tops have caused people to seek medical help for excessive reddened legs, thus generating a medical syndrome called "Lap top Syndrome"
The batteries are LI-ion (Lithium Ion) construction and have to be re-charged with extreme care as excessive heat generated by charging can case the lithium to burn and cause a fire. Battery designers have placed a small smart chip in the battery pack to monitor the voltage levels and this chip will shut the battery down if too much heat is detected. Since the batteries are of Li-ion design, they start
is this computer under warantee being new? if so contact dell for service..
this is usually a telltale sign of processor overheating.
unplug it from the wall and let it cool for 30 minutes. restart it, make sure your not laying it on a blank, your lap, or any other surface that will block the vents on the side bottom or rear. I always put mine on the table or a book, any flat hard surface is good.
if it still shuts down after a few mnutes , i would contact dell warantee support.
If this is a brand new laptop it would be still under warranty.
I suggest returning it to the supplier for repair under warranty because if you attempt to repair it you could void your warranty.
You should only attempt repairs after the warranty has expired.