- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It could mean that the Motherboard (Main Circuit) could be damaged or could be a fuse problem as you may have said. Although it actually might be the battery, there's one way to find out, if your friend has a DS Lite, ask them if you could borrow your battery for 2 seconds and put their battery in yours to see if it is the battery, if the same thing happens, its the Motherboard (Main Circuit)
Hi. Same thing happened to one of my friend's own. Also, when I shook it, I could hear
a slight rattle inside as if a small piece had broken off. I took it
apart and found that a small surface mount inductor had come off (it
was right by the on/off switch I believe). I was able to get it
soldered back on and added some glue for mechanical strength (since my
solder wasn't as good as original). This worked a while but it came off
again and I could never get it to stick and function again. Just
shorting the terminals with wire didn't work, it needs at least some
'L' impedance. So, I tried making my own. I took a very small wire-wrap
wire I had from my old college days, and wound it around a paperclip
about 10times, solder the ends on, and then removed the clip. (think of
tiny spool of wire with each end connected to solder pads). Believe or
not, it worked and has been fine ever since. Apparently the tolerance
for this circuit is pretty loose. FWIW.
Good luck. A fun project either way before giving up.
First of all, your DS Lite is charging both ways.....with power on and without power on. You have for almost 99% sure a blown fuse F2 on the systemboard. If you can solder you can try to replace it with a new one but be adviced, it is tricky if you don't have the skills with soldering SMD components and it can send your DS lite to the trash. So my advice is find someone that repair DS Lites or order a fuse on eBay and try it yourself.
remove the battery for a few mins and put it back in and try again? Its a long shot but theres very little you can do with this, the insides of the DS lite are REALLY small and the only replaceable parts are the screen, buttons, etc. and you cant really fix damage to the board or chips inside which presumably is whats happened here if you get zero response. Sorry.. :(
Hey everyone, not sure if this will work for everyone, but its worth a shot. my problem was identical to all the others here, a flash of orange and then nothing.
i thought perhaps those little metal contacts on the battery and the ds had build up a little corrosion, interrupting the charge. so, i took some rubbing alcohol and q-tips and gently scrubbed them clean, both on the battery AND the ds side.
After this, my ds has worked flawlessly. Hope it's the same for you!