- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
yes you can you just have to put the ringtoneinto the my sounds folder in the my stuff section and go to settings,then sounds,the other sounds and go to new text message: and you can search for it there hope this was helpful:)
first of all open menu of your phone then tap on setup(the one with screw driver on it) icon to open it then select ring alert style and select your alert style you will see a bottun bellow displaying "EDIT" tap on it then a menu will apear with volume level, Ringtone line 1, Ringtone line 2, Massage tone....
you can edit all of them by taping on the folder type icon flashing in front of them......!!!!!
Always think carefully about altering your phone's window registry for any reason. If you follow the instructions all should be fine. If you are a complete novice, I wouldn't recommend it, you could seriously mess up your phone. Use at your own discretion.
*WARNING I DO NOT know the extent at which this works ( "How many tones that can be added""How long the ringtones can be"FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!! I AM NOT/WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUED TO YOUR PANTECH DUO BY PERFORMING THIS PROCESS!! Doing this involves tinkering with the phones defaults if you change something that you are not supposed to the phone may not work causing the phones warranty to be void (Solution:If your not sure what your doing DONT DO IT). Before you start make sure all ringtones you desire to be used as alerts for text messages, voicemail, etc. are in the "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" folder. This is very important as you will see. Also make sure all ringtones are short enough (15 seconds MAX) that they will be recognized as useable tones*
2. Connect your Pantech Duo to your Desktop/Laptop and run the registry editor
3. Once your device and has been connected to the Editor open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (should be the second file folder down)
4. Open "Control Panel" (this should also be the second file folder down)
5. Click (and only click) "Sounds" (Should be the 15th file folder down *make sure its just "Sounds" and not "SoundCatergories"*)
6. Double Click "All Sounds"
7. In the pop up menu box scroll down to the end of the list of assorted factory tones
8. Put your cursor at the end of the last line and press enter to creat a new line to type in
9. Type in " \My Documents\My Ringtones\ " immediately by the exact name of the file you wish to enter ( EXAMPLE: \My Documents\My Ringtones\342.wow.mp3) MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FILE TYPE (.wma,.mp3, etc.)
10. Click "OK" when you are finsihed adding your ringtones
11. On your Pantech Duo from the home menu Click Start>Settings>Sounds>Text Message then scroll through the tone options to reveal that tones you added are options and and can be play automatically!!
Reply and tell me if it worked, if it didn't, or if the directions are unclear P.S. have someone text you to double check if it works