The phone ( sub-unit) links to the base on and off from time to time. How can I do ?
The phone screen shows: "no link to base, walk closer to base and try again."
I did as it shows but it doesn't work from time to time.
Any possible reasons cause that ? Please advise.
Thank you very much !
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: The phone ( sub-unit) links to the base on and off...
Sounds like the RF (radio frequency) module may be bad.
If your battery is really old it could also be the problem, especially if the problem is more likely to happen after the phone has been off the charger stand for some time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should try resetting both the base and handset but removing their power supply/batteries and then reconnecting their power supply/batteries. You can also check and see if there is a registration option on the handset that will re-link it with the base. Could just be broken though!
Hi, Following may be the cause for getting no link to the base. 1. The handset has lost communication with the base unit.Move closer to the base unit, and try again. 2. Confirm that the base unit’s AC adaptor is plugged in. 3. Raise the base unit antenna. 4The handset’s registration may have been cancelled .Re-register the handset. To Register, follow the below steps. Headset: Press MENU and then press ‘0’ ‘0’ Base unit: Press and hold HANDSET LOCATOR until the CHARGEindicator flashes. (After the CHARGE indicator starts flashing, the rest of the procedure must be completed within 1 minute.) Handset: Press OK, and then wait until the handsetbeeps. Your handset is registered to Base unit. Thank You
If “No link to base. Move closer to base, try again.” is displayed
even when using the handset near the base unit, the handset may have lost communication with the base unit. You need to re-register the handset to the base unit.
• Make sure the base unit is not being used.
• Have both handsets and base unit nearby during registration.
• Follow steps 1–3 listed below. You have about 1 minute to complete them.
• Confirm the extension number of the handset which has lost the communication by placing the handset on the base unit or charger.
If you re-register the handset using the other handset’s extension number, the other handset will not function.
• If the handset beeps 3 times and “Error!!” is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1.
• You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] on the base unit.
1 Base unit: Press and hold [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] until a beep sounds.
• The CHARGE indicator flashes.
2 Base unit: Press the extension number  (handset symbol 1 ) or  (handset symbol 2) of the
handset which has lost the communication.
3 Handset: Press and hold [FLASH/CALL WAIT] until “Handset Registering” is displayed.
• When registration is complete, a beep sounds from the handset and the display shows the number. • Wait for 20 seconds after registration is complete while the handset establishes communication with the base unit.
• If the handset beeps 3 times and “Error!!” is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1. • You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] on the base unit.
place all handsets in the base unit for about 1 minute each. This links the handsets to the base. Sometimes the handsets lose their link to the base unit. If this doesn't work try to call Panasonic tech support for further information, the phones could be defective as well.
Often times when this happens try putting the phone back in the base unplug from the wall for about 30 seconds plug back in wait about a minute then try again. I have seen where you may need to also try unplugging the battery from the phone for a minute put it back in and place in the base. Its a communication problem with the phone to base connections and resetting the power often clears this up.
Hope this helps!
It sounds like you may be getting interferance from somewhere. Try moving the base unit to another location. Avoid putting by other electronics. T.V.s, microwaves, and such can mess with the signals. Hope this helps Good Luck!