An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Lexmark T640 LCD display went blank
Could have a corrupt driver. Disconnect
the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do
both and when the CD software program asks you to connect the printer
to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To check if this is a hardware issue, please print a menu settings page. The purpose of this diagnostic is to check if this is a software issue or a hardware issue.
1. Press Menu to display Menus. 2. Press "down" until the "check" appears next to Reports. 3. Press "Check". 4. Press "down" until the "check" appears next to Menu Settings Page. 5. Press "check". The message Printing Menus Settings appears on the display. The printer returns to the Ready state after the menu settings page prints.
If the menu settings page printed without the dots, this would be a software issue. In that case, please call our Technical Support Hotline on (800) 539-6275.
If the LCD on the operator panel constantly displays black bars/boxes or other unusual characters, take the following steps:
1. Disconnect the power supply from the printer.
2. Wait for about one minute, then reconnect the power supply and check the LCD display.
3. If black boxes/bars or unusual characters are still displaying constantly, move the power supply to a different power outlet.
4. If the black boxes/bars or unusual characters are still displaying, the scanner ribbon cable may need to be reseated. Do the following:
1. Lift the scanner flatbed. (Open the printer as if attempting to install cartridges.)
2. Look in the back right corner of the 6150/70 for an access cover.
3. Press firmly on the front right corner of the access cover to reseat the scanner ribbon cable that is located underneath the access panel.