Question about Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
What's the secret to opening the case on a fpd2275w?
I just did it an hour ago. It took about 20 minutes to figure it out.
I laid the monitor on a furniture pad to keep from scratching the face.
1. Remove the three screws from the bottom of the back.
2. Insert a thin bladed screwdriver in the bottom slot near one of the bottom corners. The back is held in place by some clever latches that were designed to snap together, never to unsnap again. I work a pair of screwdrivers around the bottom and then up the sides and finally got it loose at the top.
3. Carefully lift the small clip that holds the small ribbon cable connecting the "buttons" to the main unit.
4. I assume you're trying to get to the capacitors inside so, carefully disconnect the small cables by squeezing the plug to release the clip.
5. Remove all of those nice little screws that hold the metal parts to the back.
Good luck! By the way, I use an empty egg container (with the compartments numbered) to place the small parts in while I'm disassembling. When I'm ready to rebuild, I assemble the parts in the reverse order that I put them in the container.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2011 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Sep 09, 2010 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Aug 30, 2010 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Aug 17, 2010 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Dec 04, 2009 | Sceptre 17" LCD Monitor
Jan 29, 2009 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Nov 19, 2007 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
577 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: