Question about Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
What's the secret to opening the case on a fpd2275w?
I just did it an hour ago. It took about 20 minutes to figure it out.
I laid the monitor on a furniture pad to keep from scratching the face.
1. Remove the three screws from the bottom of the back.
2. Insert a thin bladed screwdriver in the bottom slot near one of the bottom corners. The back is held in place by some clever latches that were designed to snap together, never to unsnap again. I work a pair of screwdrivers around the bottom and then up the sides and finally got it loose at the top.
3. Carefully lift the small clip that holds the small ribbon cable connecting the "buttons" to the main unit.
4. I assume you're trying to get to the capacitors inside so, carefully disconnect the small cables by squeezing the plug to release the clip.
5. Remove all of those nice little screws that hold the metal parts to the back.
Good luck! By the way, I use an empty egg container (with the compartments numbered) to place the small parts in while I'm disassembling. When I'm ready to rebuild, I assemble the parts in the reverse order that I put them in the container.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 16, 2011 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Sep 09, 2010 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Aug 17, 2010 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Dec 22, 2009 | Yahoo Mail
Oct 21, 2009 | Safe International Digital Electronic Safe...
Jul 18, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 15, 2007 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
581 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: