An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: i can't get wireless on my laptop
It could be a couple of reasons. Check your manual, I have an Acer also and there is a function key right in the middle top of the keyboard that has to be pressed to turn on the wireless. I assume you have checked and do have a wireless card and that your router is up. Hope this helps. If you have any problems let me know.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
At this point I would suggest to try a full system restore as the sytem files might be corrupted. You can restore the computer back to factory default,to do so, follow the below steps:
Turn Off the computer, now as soon as you hit the power button, keep on holding "Alt" key & keep on tapping "F10" key, i.e Alt+f10, it will open the recovery console, select full factory restore and follow onscreen instruction. NOTE: This will erase all the datas on the computer.
make sure processor fan is working fine. you may hear the sound of fan on the left side of the laptop. and make sure its not getting heat soon. If the fan is not working you need to replace the fan. If if gets heat soon that means you have to put processor cooling paste.IF the fan is working fine and the processor heat is normal, then you need to re-fix the RAM. Then it will work fine..ok
you need to try
1) check bios aetup screen thereis setting wireless enable/disable
and check xp control panel--system--device manager wireless driver no yellow triangle mark( which need update driver)
2) check wireless switch at laptop frront or right side, set to "on" to make sure the wireless light not on. if wireless indicate light still black means your wireless card out of works, check wireless card by open small back cover clean pins and reinstall it again
3) finally you might need change a wireless card.