Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2010 | HP Photosmart 8050 InkJet Printer
If you need more help come back.Post /
thumbs / testimonial are
Nov 23, 2010 | HP Photosmart 8050 InkJet Printer
Jul 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart 8050 InkJet Printer
Oct 09, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Oct 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8050 InkJet Printer
Aug 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8050 InkJet Printer
Aug 06, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8050 InkJet Printer
Mar 17, 2008 | HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One Printer,...
Feb 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: