Cannon Fax JX200
The JX200 has four modes of fax receipt - Fax/Tel, Manual, Answering Machine, and Fax Only. The Fax/Tel mode, which appears to be your setting, is meant to let the fax machine automatically switch between fax and voice calls. Documents are received automatically, and the machine rings for voice calls based upon the times that are input in the settings of the machine. It would seem that the best thing to do would be to lengthen the times involved - particularly at step 7 below. I would imagine it is set at a low number - perhaps 10 seconds or less - and needs to be increased to give you sufficient time to answer the call.
Set the mode by pressing [Receive Mode/Resolution]. Every time you press [Receive Mode/Resolution], the mode changes cyclically.
If you set Fax/Tel mode, you can control precisely how the fax handles incoming calls by adjusting the following settings:
• Adjust the time the fax takes to check whether a call is from a fax machine or a telephone (<RING START TIME> setting).
• Adjust the length of time the fax rings when the call is a voice call (<TEL RING TIME> setting).
• Set whether the fax switches to receive mode after the ring time set in <TEL RING TIME> has elapsed (<DEFAULT ACTION> setting).
1. Press [Menu].
2. Use arrows to select <DATA REGISTRATION>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <USER SETTINGS>.
3. Use arrows to select <RX SETTINGS>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <ECM RX>.
4. Use arrows to select <FAX/TEL AUTO SW>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <RING START TIME>.
5. Press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <8SEC.>
6. Use the numeric buttons, or arrows to enter the time the fax waits before ringing when it receives a call, then press [Start/Copy] twice.
7. Use the numeric buttons, or arrows to enter the time the fax rings while waiting for someone to pick up the Handset, then press [Start/Copy] twice. The LCD displays <RECEIVE>.
8. Use arrows to select <RECEIVE> or <DISCONNECT>, then press [Start/Copy]. This setting tells the fax what to do if the Handset is not picked up within the specified ring time set in step 6.
9. Press [Stop].
Setting ends and the fax returns to standby mode. The machine will now handle calls as indicated in the settings you input.
It may take a few rounds of going through these steps to get the settings just right for your situation, but it should definitely solve your problem. If this information assists you in resolving the problem, please take a moment to rate the solution at a "FixYa" level. If you do not feel that you can rate at a "FixYa", please post back with more information regarding what has occurred subsequently, and I will gladly help you until we have reached a definitive solution.Thank you for using and rating FixYa!
Jul 13, 2008 |