An expert who has written 2 tips or uploaded 1 video tip.
Re: Dubbing VCR to DVD
Have you correctly referred to its original instruction manual? If not , try these simple instructions: 1. On the unit, Press the (VCR>>) button until it is illuminated 2. Still referring to the unit, Press the (DUB) button, which is situated in the middle of the (<<DVD) and (VCR>>) dub buttons. these two steps should automatically start a VCR to DVD dubbing. If not please continue to post, but in more detail, so your problem can be more easily interpreted, Thank you.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To dub a DVD, first press Setup on the remote. Then select Recording (use the Up/Down arrows and then press OK). Navigate to and select Dubbing Mode. Select the direction for the duplication. Then press Setup to leave the Setup menu. Then press DVD to ensure that the unit is ready to play the DVD. (Press VCR if you are dubbing a video tape.) Then Press Play to advance to the section that you wish to duplicate, if needed, and then press Pause. (Press Pause a bit early; the dubbing process will lose about 5 seconds.) Now, press the other Mode button (VCR if recording to tape, DVD if recording to DVD). Next press D.Dubbing on the recorder or the remote. (The button is to the right of the Channel Up/Down buttons on the recorder. It's near the bottom left on the remote.) Press Stop when the section to be duplicated has been played in its entirety.
Please follow the instructions below to record from VHS to DVD. You may not be able to record from some pre-recorded VHS cassettes due to copyight protection embedded into the recording. You should stick some tape over the copy-protection tab on cassettes prior to recording if the tab has been removed. On some cassettes, there may be a slide switch which needs to be moved to the record/rec position. All pre-recorded cassettes will have the copy-protection tab removed.
1. Switch on the TV and DVD/VCR and select the correct input on the TV for the player. 2. Set the player for the recording direction, i.e. VCR to DVD . . .
- Press the SETUP key on the Toshiba remote to open the on-screen menu
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight GENERAL SETTING then press ENTER - Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight RECORDING then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight DUBBINGMODE then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight VCR > DVD then press ENTER - Press the SETUP key again to close the on-screen menu
3. Press VCR to select VCR mode. 4. Insert the cassette you wish to record and fast-forward or rewind it to the position where you want to start recording from. Allow at least 5 seconds extra if not starting the recording from the beginning of a cassette. 5. Press PLAY then press PAUSE immediately. 6. Press DVD to select DVD mode 7. Insert a blank DVD 8. Press the REC MODE button to select the recording mode (XP / SP / LP, etc) 9. Press the DUBBING key to start the recording.
You can watch the VCR while it's recording. When you reach the point where you want the recording to end, press the STOP key. You do not need to repeat step 2 every time you record. The player will stay in VCR > DVD recording mode unless you change it.
Hopefully, you will now be able to record from VCR to DVD. If you need further assistance, please let me know.
For VHS to DVD, put the tape to dub in the VHS slot and a blank DVD in the DVD tray. Make sure the DVD is compatible with the DVD recorder (see the recommended disc list) and is unfinalized if you are using a R/W disc. Close the tray. Set the unit to VCR mode with the DVD/VCR button. Advance the tape to the place that you want the recording to start. Then press the Dubbing button (either on the remote or the unit itself). Select the recording mode (SP, LP etc), highlight Dubbing then press Enter or Dubbing. Press Stop to interrupt the recording.
For DVD to VHS, put a blank tape in the VCR (make sure the protection tab has not been broken off) and the DVD to duplicate in the DVD tray and close the tray. Put the unit in DVD mode by pressing the DVD/VCR button. Find the point at which you want to start recording the DVD. Again press Dubbing and set up the recording mode and highlight Dubbing and press Enter or Dubbing.
Note that copyprotected content can not be recorded.
Turn on the TV and set it to the video source to be able to easily see the menus as you set up the dubbing process. Put the source tape you want to record in the VCR. (Copy protected tapes will not be dubbed.) If you want to avoid dubbing from the DVD to the VHS tape, remove the erase protection tab from the cassette. Put a compatible recordable disc (non-finalized disc, unprotected disc) in the recorder and make sure there is sufficient available capacity on the disc.
Press Rec Mode/Speed to set the speed (SP, LP, SLP, or XP). Press DVD/VCR and set the unit to VCR mode. Confirm the mode with the indicator light on the unit. Press Dubbing and the mode should switch to DVD automatically. Select Yes (with the left/right arrows) and press Enter to start the duplication. The unit should indicate the VCR playback, dub and DVD recording are in progress. Press Stop to halt the dubbing process or it will stop when the unit reached the end of the tape or the disc is full.
The dubbing button is only on the remote control; if your original remote isn't working make sure that your replacement remote has the feature. Remotes.com often has exact or substitute remotes with the matching features. Search just by the model number not the brand.
Use the Dub video feature. This will work if the source is not copy protected. Make sure you have a writable (or rewritable) DVD with sufficient space available in the DVD tray (closed) and put your tape to dub in the VCR.
Press Setup on the remote and navigate down (up/down arrows) to Recording and press OK. Then select Dubbing Mode in the next menu level and press OK. When the Option menu opens, highlight VCR to DVD and press OK. Press Setup to exit this menu. Choose a recording mode using REC MODE on the remote. Press Play and then Pause when you reach the point where you want to start the recording (press quickly if you want to dub the whole tape; you will lose a few seconds while the dubbing starts so include 5 seconds extra if starting later in the tape). Then press Dubbing on the remote. The duplication will start. Press Stop when you reach the end of the section to record.
I hope this helps.
Cindy Wells (only the Setup and Rec Mode buttons do not have a matching button on the front of the unit. The later steps (setting up the start point, starting the Dub and stopping it) can be done with the remote or the buttons on the unit.)
OK here's what the user manual has to say on it!
PS If you need the user manual I will E-Mail on request.
Prepare for the recording on the DVDRW/ R disc or the videotape. Make sure:• Insert a recordable disc and a videotape with a record tab.
Note for recording to a disc:
• Make sure that the disc is recordable. 1
Easy Setting Menu or Advanced Setting Menu will appear. If Advanced Setting Menu is displayed,
proceed to step 3.
Using [K / L], select “Advanced Setting Menu”.
Hit [ENTER].Advanced Setting Menu will appear.
Using [K / L], select “Recording”. Hit [ENTER].
Recording menu will appear.
Using [K / L], select “Dubbing Mode”. Hit
[ENTER]. Option window will appear.
Auto Chapter 10 minutes
DVD-RW Recording Format Video mode
Dubbing Mode VCR DVD
Auto Chapter 10 minutes
DVD-RW Recording Format Video mode
Dubbing Mode VCR DVD
For VCR to DVD duplication: • After starting VCR to DVD duplication, the picture may be distorted because of the auto tracking function. This is not a malfunction. 5
Using [K / L], select “VCR DVD”. Hit [ENTER].
Hit [SETUP] to exit. Make sure to select a recording speed using [REC SPEED]. 7
Hit [PLAY B].Then hit [PAUSE F] at the point you
wish to start recording.
• Since it takes about a few seconds before the actual dubbing begins, please allow extra 5 seconds
when selecting the starting point.
VCR to DVD duplication will start.
Hit [STOP C] to stop the recording. When you turn off the unit after setting the Dubbing Mode to DVD VCR, the setting will be set to VCR DVD automatically. • Dubbing Mode is available only if the videotape or disc is not copy protected. • You cannot change the output mode during VCR to DVD or DVD to VCR duplication.
For VCR to DVD duplication:
• The playback sound mode is followed by the setting of VCR playback sound mode on page 77. Set the playback sound mode to which you wish to record to the DVD.
When you insert the dvd are you in dvd mode or hdd mode I think you have to be in hdd mode then go to settings insert dvd that you want to dub wait then it should become not greyed out, I had a similar problem when i tried to burn a dvd from hdd I had to be in hdd mode to dub I hope this helps let me know
I just got done recording a vhs to dvd and it worked great. Also you can print the manual at manualsonline.com or something like that.. google it, i printed mine. I had to watch the enitre vhs to record it. As you are playing the vhs (right at the beginning) push the blue D. Dubbing button then when its done playing push stop on the DVD side it will say writing to disk on the bottom once thats done ooha la!! I am trying to figure out if there is a way to dub a vhs to dvd without having to watch the howl movie but unfortunatley I don't think there is!
1. Insert a blank DVD disc in the DVD deck and close the disc tray. 2. Insert the VHS video tape you wish to copy into the VCR deck. 3. Find the place on the VHS tape from which you want to start dubbing using the PLAY, FF, REW and PAUSE functions. For best results, pause playback at the point from which you want to record. 4. Press the DUBBING button on the Remote Control or DUB on the front panel. The Dubbing menu appears. 5. Use the arrow keys to select the desired Record Mode: EP, LP, SP or XP. 6. Select [Dubbing] then press ENTER or DUBBING to start copying. 7. To stop dubbing at any other time, press STOP (x). Dubbing will stop automatically when the VHS tape ends.