Can't hear the voices when I play a DVD, only the music
When I play a DVD I can't hear any of the people talking but I can hear the music. I had to turn the volume on the player itself WAY up to just barely hear the voices but then then music was unbelievable loud. Also where can I find a universal remote for it? I asked at BestBuy and the guy in electronics looked at me like I had 5 heads because I said it was a Kawasaki...
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like a problem with your centre channel or speaker. The sound of Voices and on-screen, actions in the middle of the screen are played through the centre speaker. General sounds such as music in the background, off-screen events, etc. will be played through other speakers on a home theatre system. Check your connectors coming from your DVD player to your sound system. Are you using a single-cabled digital connector or one for every channel? Check your sound settings as well, i.e., Surround, AC3, Music, etc.
1. Double click on the volume control icon in the system tray, that is on the right hand bottom side of the screen. Check if the microphone is muted.
2. Right click on the same icon, and select "adjust audio properties." You will now get a window that says Sounds and Audio Devices Properties. Click on the tab named voice on top of that window, and check what is selected as the voice recording device. Check in the drop down menu to change the device and use the "test hardware" option to test the mic.
3. Make sure your microphone is working fine. Other people are not hearing your music from your microphone, but from your system itself.
first check the settings on the audio menu of the dvd player. make sur it is set to 5.1 (if available) otherwise set it to stereo and your system should decode it.
assuming the second step is okay : as other dvd you play seem to work) it still may be that your unit is decoding stereo inputs just fine and 5.1 is not working properly....
so if adjusting audio settings in dvd play back menu dont work,
check that the cables to the satellite speakers are connected correctly and all plugged in soundly ( voice is high frequency,- coming from satellites - the garbled noises you hear are the base ( low freq) elements of voice which are coming from the bass box ( that the X.1 part of 5.1) and so that is obviously working. ,