An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: web cam choice
Is your camera a Microsoft Life Cam VX-6000? That's what is listed above. If it is, its one of the best you can get.
Try disconnecting the Camera from the USB port and reinstall
the CD or Downloaded software program. When the program asks you
to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Hope this helps. Bud
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it is a new cam, and you are running a newer version of Windows, like 7 or 8, the driver should be in the OS. But when the cam is somewhat older, and GE did not write a certified driver for the newer versions of Windows, you won't be able to install a working driver for that cam.
The software should be available on the GE website in the US. (older drivers to)
The driver for the camera need to be installed first.Look for the driver in the Logitech web site support and you can download a newer version of the driver which will be better for the web cam.Newer web cam models nowadays are cheaper and has better video and higher megapixels which work even in low light situations,why don't you get one.I got a gigaware which has a mic and a motion detector at a low price.
This issue is usually caused by the graphic interface is not supported. You need to verify that you have the newer version of DirectX. To check the version number click START, select RUN and type DXDIAG to bring up the DirectX Diagnostic.
If everything appears to be ok, make sure the web cam driver is properly installed along with the video
driver (video card). Please update the DirectX version of Windows if you got an older version.
If it doesn't work. try:
Check Properties of "My Computer> Hardware> Device
Manager" you have any device with an exclamation mark or cross in yellow
or red, respectively.
If you do not have anything like that, check if your webcam device appears in the listing.
If that doesn't work or there is no error on properties, another driver may be causing problems. you may need to go a little technical about this issue following the steps below:
1) install the drivers by disabling all the non Microsoft services on your system.
2) uninstall the web cam drivers.
3) unplug the web cam and need to reboot your system.
4) Then you need to go on your Start menu, then select Run and then type: msconfig and press the enter key.
5) on the General tab,you need to click on Selective Startup.
6) Under Selective Startup, you need to click on clear the Load Startup Items check box.
7) Then again click on the Services tab, then you need to select the
Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then you need to click on
8) Then click on OK. Then it ask you whether you would like to reboot your system,just click on Restart. 9) Install the driver. 10) Plugin the webcam.
11) Restart the computer.
After doing all this still doesn't work, the issue may be caused by some kind of incompatible hardware.