Hi, I'm having K8V-MX Asus mother board with AMD 3000+ processor wih 1GB DDR ram, with 80 GB PATA Segate HDD connected. After adding 500GB SATA HDD to this mother board, my system performance is very low....
Thanks for the details. I have used K8V-MX Asus motherboard and found it very reliable with quite reasonable performance. It definately supports 500 GB Sata drive and there must not be any issues after increasing just the storage. However, Operating System upgrade may result in sluggish performance. Drivers dont seem to be an issue to me either.
I suggest to review a few points detailed as under: -
- K8V-MX Asus Supports RAID, so, check for any RAID Drivers/ settings. (You dont have to use RAID for two Hard Drives of different make, capacity and speed). Try using one disk at a time having same Operating System (e.g. Windows XP) and compare the performance.
- Infact SATA Drives have better data transfer rate than IDE, which results in enhanced performance.
- Some Programs (that you may not be using with 80GB drive) Like antivirus may result in decreased performance.
- Please Review you Operating System environment and software installed. Make sure that the new drive & Operating System are free of any virus, which results in CPU Utilization upto 100%.
- Also, motherboard supports Max 2GB RAM, so you may consider adding more RAM.
Let me know if any further clarification/ assistance is required.
Hope it helps! Good Luck!
Jan 27, 2011 |
ASUS K8V-MX Motherboard