Question about Western Digital My Book Essential Edition (WDG1U5000N) 500 GB Hard Drive
When I run the disk utility on my mac i do not get the partition tab that i get with other disks.
I'veseen similiar problems to this. Why do you need to repartition? If you really must then a third party program such as Paragon Partition Manager is what I use.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2014 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
How do I format the external hard drive on a Macintosh computer?
To format the drive for MAC OSX
1. Connect the drive to your computer.
2. Open Disk Utility. (Applications folder > Utilities folder > Disk Utility). Select the hard drive in the left hand column and click on the Erase tab.
3. In the Volume Format drop-down menu, select Mac OS Extended *.
4. Once you have selected the format and have named the drive, click on Erase. You will be presented with a 'Are you Sure' dialog.
5. The drive will format and upon completion will be available for use.
Note: * For the best performance, we recommend using Mac OS Extended format. However, if you will be transferring files between a Windows system and a Macintosh, format the drive as MS-DOS (FAT32) or use a program such as MediFour
Jul 20, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jun 01, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
May 18, 2011 | Western Digital 1TB My Passport Essential...
Nov 29, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jun 02, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB...
Mar 09, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Mar 03, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jan 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
837 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: