The note book listed above is not charging the battery even the power adaptor is plugged in and working fine.. The power icon in the task states this Hp replace the battery and has performed several steps to resolved this issue with out any success they sending me another
battery (this would be the third one ) The current battery is less than 2
months old my thinking is there is something wrong with the unit itself
And not the battery it is reading 0% so i can't even run the Hp battery
health check which requires at a minimum of at least 2% to initiated &
run the test. Can someone help me resolve this. I have suggest to Hp
that they replace the unit as it is only about 6-7 months old & the refuse to. Thank you, Zonell Wright
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You may have the wrong AC adaptor, Dell is very picky when it comes to Power adaptors, it must be original OEM Dell for the laptop to recognize it, any after market no name brand even though it has the right specs and is made for your model will power your laptop but the circuit to charge your battery will automatically be closed
The message you are getting is telling you the battery is discharged, UNLESS you are plugged into the mains, in that case, the battery is not charging and the adaptor is not supplyig power to the laptop. You may have a faulty charging circuit, a loose connection from the DC jack to the DC socket on the laptop, or a failing adaptor.
Try removing your battery pack. Then connect the power adaptor (even without the battery) and connect is directly to the power outlet. If it powers up, then the battery pack might be defective or totally drained.
If the battery is just totally drained, simply place the battery to the laptop. Do not turn the laptop on. Plug the power adaptor to the laptop and plug it to the power source. If you see that the charging LED is blinking in your laptop, then just leave it charging up to 5 to 8 hours.
Never use a laptop on battery mode while it is plugged in to a power source. This is the number 1 reason why laptop batteries don't last longer.
It should boot when connected directly to the power outlet through the laptop adaptor. If it is not boot, then the adaptor might not be supplying the needed power to boot it up.
If it is possible, try to isolate the issue. Charge your new battery using another laptop. Then plug it in your laptop to see if it works. If it will work, then it is the AC adaptor of your laptop that is defective. If the charged battery still won't make the laptop boot, then there is something wrong with your laptop hardware. If could be a motherboard issue of your laptop.
check power supply adaptor and batteries if they are supplying enough power, if you can borrow a power adaptor and spare battery try replacing them with one your notebook has.
if it works then your adaptor and batter are out, normaly if the adaptor stops working the battery would have died down too as you would have not noted till the notebook totally died down.
The problem lies with the power supply system either in the power adopter or inside the laptop. When AC power is plugged in, the system shows that the battery is being charged (Yellow Light Indicator switches ON) but practically niether the battery is usually being charged nor the computer is being run by the AC power. Its a little bit of energy left in the battery that keeps running you computer for some time and as soon as the battery is discharged the note book shuts down by itself.
However, the Taskbar battery indicator gives the correct picture of battery charge and the charging process. Better rely on that.
Its a hardware problem pertaining to power supply and charging system and doesn't have to do any thing with Mother board, RAM, Hard disks or other hardware installed in the PC.
Do tell the above details to a repair workshop man to rectify the problem.... Best of Luch
Hve u tried a differnt adaptor , the adaptor might be blown too ,try replacing the adaptor , also check for the power cord if it has any kinks in it which may be interrupting the power supply , since the adaptor 18.5 v 3.5 a is the most common of all hp adaptors u should find one to try .