Question about LG VX6000

1 Answer

Flash stuck on LG VX6100

My LG VX6100 accidentally went through the washing machine! After drying out a few days, everything started working normally except the LED flash stays on full time and therefore runs down the battery very quickly. Help!

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer
Re: Flash stuck on LG VX6100

If it survived one dunking it will most liklet survive a second SOOOOO. I am into R/C stuff and when our gear gets dunked we rinse it out with ultra pure water, Deionised/distilled water if you can get it. I think that the detergent in the washing machine may have left a residue and be affecting your electronics so if you wash it carefully in distilled water (yep dunk it again, crack it open and wash it all inside)to get rid of the detergent residue on the board (note REMOVE BATTERY). Afterwards dunk it in methylated spirits (test to make sure it wont affect any plastic parts first)to remove the water and leave to dry in a warm spot for a day at least. 2 years ago I dropped a $500 transmitter in a dirty dam (Acid /fuel/road runoff)and did exactly this and its been fine ever since. Worked the next day in fact. Its not a mobile phone but its always worth a chance. Once you've finished you may want to take it apart after you've tested it if its going and spray the board with CRC 226 circuit cleaner and water repeller. I've got it on all of my R/C gear and it gets regularly soaked for up to 1hr at a time in muddy water and is all fine.

Posted on May 08, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Lg vx6100 won't turn on or charge

There may be liquid damage present. First using a flashlight, inspect the battery contacts and data/charging socket for green mold/water damage. If nothing unusual is discovered you could disassemble and inspect the inner circuit boards for white residue that would be left behind from water calcium, clean the calcium from the circuit board with a slightly wet toothbrush and dry with compressed air or a hair dryer.

Dec 22, 2013 | LG VX8300 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

I washed my Envy 3 a few minutes ago. I took the battery out and dried it with the hairdryer. Will It work if I let it dry?

That is a 50/50 hit or miss thing. Some systems can function after they are dried. you can even place it in a warm spot like by a heater to help dry it better but there is no guarantee it will work or continue to work after a few days, weeks, or even months.

i have seen phones last til the end of their usage after drying and i have personally had units last only 2 months after that much water but for a shorter time was put on them.

in short, drying it out and letting it go for a day or 2 will nto hurt it but there is no guarentee that it will work. also you will not get a replacement via warranty or accidental from almost all manufactures and carriers. there are water detectors in the units that change color like to pink when contacted with water.

good luck and hope it works for you.

Feb 19, 2010 | LG enV3 VX9200 Cell Phone

2 Answers

Dropped LG shine into a bucket of water

if it was just pure water leave the battery out and let it dry for a few days in a warm dry place if not wash it out with warm water and let it dry this has worked for me a few times in the past hope it works for you

Oct 31, 2009 | LG Shine KE970 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Get rid of car kit mode on LG VX6100 cellular phone

try putting a toothpick in the earpiece socket. It worked for me in seconds.

May 19, 2009 | LG VX6100 Cell Phone

1 Answer

LG RUMOR went through washing machine!

you are lucky this time your phone is working tis time your phone is working and there is no way you can get your screen back but remember next timeif your phone goes through wash do not start it immediately let dry for atleast 3 days or else if you start it short circuit takes place get a new phone for yourself 

May 18, 2009 | LG RUMOR Cellular Phone

4 Answers

LG RUMOR went through washing machine!

You should buy a new phone, 90 percent of the time the screen shorts out when it gets wet. These phones are terrible, i would take advantage of having to get a new phone and get something completely different.

Oct 18, 2008 | LG RUMOR Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Camera flash stays on...

You probably have a short somewhere in the phone. Open any access points, take out battery, mop up any visible liquid with a q-tip. Keep it in warm very dry area for 3-4 days (lots of air movement will help) and it will probably dry out inside. Connect battery again briefly, if flash still burns, leave for another few days. Fan heater on very low may help here, put the phone about where you would put a baby. Still not right, you probably have a fused contact point and need a repair.

Mar 02, 2008 | LG VX6100 Cellular Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG VX6000 Logo

165 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Cell Phones Experts

Scott Fryer

Level 2 Expert

80 Answers

Steve Sweetleaf
Steve Sweetleaf

Level 3 Expert

1128 Answers

Jeremy Murray
Jeremy Murray

Level 2 Expert

127 Answers

Are you a LG Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides