Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Help me i wan to chg my port number to 8888 how can do tat

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 142 Answers

Go to the routers setup page. (go to the computer it is hooked up to and type in in the browser bar) go to the port range forwarding section. and enter the necessary information. DONT FORGET TO SAVE! =]

Posted on Dec 31, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Port forwarding


Feb 18, 2013 | D-Link DSL-2740R Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port...

2 Answers

About evil islands connection. how do i fix my firewall to allow evil islands online? and would my friend have to do ir aswel?

You need to port forward port # 8888 to your internal IP address through your router. Some routers call this "port forward" and some call it "NAT rules" or other such terms. Basically it will ask for the type of communications (UDP/TCP) which you should select both, tell it port # 8888 and then give it your internal IP address to forward the port to (to get this go to Start - Run - "CMD" and press enter, type in IPCONFIG and press enter. It will spit out a line with your IP address.

Mar 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

How to hook wired router to cable box. What is WAN outlet

all of your computers should get hooked up in ports 1-4 and the WAN port should be hooked up to your broad band router from your internet service provider. so if your first computer is hooked up to port 1 just plug your second into port 2 and every thing will work fine.

I hope this helped.

Thank you,

May 18, 2010 | D-Link (DVG-2001S) Router (DVG2001S)

1 Answer

Progress: -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Checking Http URL: ... Error! Checking Stream URL: ... Error!...

Hi friend,
We have to open the port numbers in your router for the above eroor check sum,follow the below mentioened steps,

1.Type in the Internet explorer,You will get a belkin router setup page
2.On your left hand side,click on Firewall,it will ask for password,leave it blank and click submit
3.Change it to disabled and click on Apply changes
4.On your left hand side click on Virtual servers
5.Put a "Check mark in 1st box",in "description type as Streaming" in "Inbound port put the numbers 8888" and in the "type select as TCP and UDP" and in "the Private IP address type the ip address of your particular computer in which you are getting this error message" and the Last Outbound port,type the number 8888"
6.The same for the second one but the Type is TCP and the Inbound and outbound port is 8081

If u have any clarification feel free to provide th reply


Feb 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

How to set port forwarding?

Open a web browser like internet explorer or Netscape. Enter the ip address of your router in the address bar of your browser. By default the IP address should be set to

You should see a box prompting you for your username and password. Enter your username and password now. By default both the username and password are blank. Click the Ok button to log in to your router.

Click the Firewall button near the top of the page. Use the Protocol drop down box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding. If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the LAN port range, Left WAN port range and the Right WAN port range boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the LAN port range, Left WAN port range box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the Right WAN port range box. Enter the IP address to forward these ports to into the LAN IP Address box. If you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on your computer, you should enter your computer's ip address into that box. When you are finished, click the Add button.

When you're finished, click Save near the bottom of the screen to save your changes.

And that's it! You're done! Hope this helps.

Dec 22, 2009 | U.S. Robotics USRobotics USR5461 Wireless...

1 Answer

What is the pairing code for a pama visor mounted

Hello Give this a go
Sunvisor range
All The Best Jon Bodley.

Sep 21, 2009 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

How do i chg a port number

port 80 will most likely be the port for internal access and often can not be changed. External access (if allowed) can usually be changed within the web configuration screens.

Dec 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Help Me pls i wan to chg the game port number to 8888. the game tuttirol ask me go thie websitesite. so wat should i do now ?

- Game port 8888??
- No its impossible to use the port....
- It is not in range to basic ports (3000 something only)
- The 8888 is invalid...
- You can use 888....

Dec 30, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router

1 Answer

Port Fowarding for my Logitech Webcam

Do you know how to do portforwarding in general?
Have a look at the manual - page 21. You can also find it here:

You should give your computer a static IP address (or enable static DHCP), otherwise the forwarding will fail if DHCP assings a different address to your computer.

Important is that you have two entries, one for port 8888 /TCP and a second one for port 8081 /Both.

If this helped, please come back and leave a comment, to help others with the same problem.

Dec 27, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router

1 Answer

Dyndns DNS and Port 800

Odds are; you will likely find mdbs_daemon or something on most of your computers on your LAN also doing traffic on this port. It's probably not a good idea to use this value.

From my experience in networks and routing, you are also better off if you can put the port up in the unprivileged region (1024~65535). The reason is that hackers typically spend the time down lower than this and they are looking for known services. It takes too long to scan ports up in the high regions, and you are more likely to be discovered for your activity. Try using port numbers that are strange; eg. 8888 or 5555 and similar. A lot of routers will let you do a "redirect" such as bringing port 8888 on the outside to port 80 on the inside to your device.

Dec 09, 2007 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 Wireless Router...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

134 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides