I've read the other posts and i'm not sure they are answering my questions about the protect light.
i wired my amp, it played fine for about two hours. then it stopped. i think that was due to over heating. now, when i turned it back on the next day it will play only at low power output from my radio...if i turn the radio up past 27 (0-62) the protect light turns on and the power light turns off...this happens for about 5-10 seconds then it flickers to the power light and flips right back to protect light... ultimately leading to no bass. what did i do wrong, what should i check first/last?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Disconnect all speaker connections and rca cables. Leave power, ground and remote wires intact. Try turning on again. If you still have a protection light your amp is faulty. Hopefully you have warranty. Double check all connections .A thumbs up would be greatly appreciated if this answer is helpful to you. Worth fixing.
Protect, Protection, Protector, etc. are all indicators of a problem with the output (speakers) of the device. Most times, if you're lucky - you'll find a shorted speaker wire. Other times, it can be an expensive fix. Hopefully, you shut it off right away without cranking the volume up.
Start at the rear of the unit. Make sure no individual strand of the speaker wire has touched the binding post of an adjacent speaker. Continue along each speaker wire to the binding post or termination point on each speaker. Make sure the insulation along the entire length of all the wires haven't become crushed or damaged where they pass under rugs, around corners, etc.
If you can't find a problem, you can try disconnecting all the speakers and plugging in headphones. and power on again. If the Protect message is clear, you should be able to hear the program through the headphones and have full control over the volume. This means there is stall an issue with the speaker wire(s) from the back of the unit up to and including a speaker(s).
If it still indicates Protect, the original problem continued long enough or the volume was turned up high enough to cause an internal failure of the amplifier's output transistors and will require service t restore to working order again.
Disconnect all speaker connections and rca cables. Leave power, ground and remote wires intact. Try turning on again. If you still have a protection light your amp is faulty. Hopefully you have warranty . Send to Rockford Fosgate for repair
.A thumbs up would be greatly appreciated if this answer is helpful to you.
If the amp stays in protect mode all of the time, I would suspect a short in the speaker wiring or speaker(s) voice coil(s), or perhaps a faulty ground. If it plays for a short period of time and then goes into protect mode, it is most likely overheating. First check all of the wiring. Test your speakers on a known good amp and make sure there are no places in your wiring where the insulation may have been damaged, causing an intermittent problem.
Many owners have reported that this particular amp has a tendency to overheat. Also, when run in bridged mode, the speaker impedance needs to be at least 4 ohms. It will overheat if the impedance is below 4 ohms.