- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Open the top cover. 2. Pull the lever towards you to release the daisy wheel lock. 3. Remove the cassette daisy wheel by pulling it out of the machine by the protruding "ear' on the top right. 4. Insert the desired cassette daisy wheel into the slot and press down gently. 5. Slide the lever back to its' original position to lock the cassette daisy wheel in place. Make sure to press the lever firmly. 6. Close the top cover. 7. Press [CODE]+[RESET] to move the carrier to the previous position. (make sure the daisy wheel cassette is not inserted backwards. The "ear" should always be on the upper right. improper insertion of the daisy wheel may cause malfunction and incorrect printing. It is not necessary to remove the cassette ribbon when replacing the daisy wheel. Please check the shape of your daisy wheel cassette before replacing the daisy wheel. The daisy wheel cassette type "B" cannot be used with this machine.)
Check that the daisy wheel is properly installed and if the ribbon has been used up. Try pressing and holding CODE and then press Reset. (This needs to be done after the daisy wheel, correction tape or ribbon is replaced.)
The daisy wheel has a protruding ear that should be on the top right. To remove, open the cover, pull the lever towards you and lift the wheel by that ear. To reinsert, insert the wheel in the slot and press down gently. Then slide the lever forward to lock the wheel in place. Then close the cover and reset the carrier (CODE+Reset). Make sure that the ear is to the top right when you reinstall the daisy wheel.
The amount of ribbon left can be determined by looking through the viewing hole on the right hand side of the cassette when the cover is open.
When inserting the daisy wheel, it's important to remember that the "ear" is always on the upper right side. Also need to replace the "locking lever" back to it's locked position to secure the daisy wheel. Then Press [CODE]+[RESET][Q] to return carrier to prior position. Hope this answers your question.
Changing The Print Wheel
1) Move the print carrier to the center of the platen using the SPACE or BS
2) You will see a lever on the right side of the carrier. Pull this lever toward you and
lift out the daisy wheel.
3) Place the daisy wheel into the slot with the characters facing the platen.
4) Push the lever back into position.
5) Press the CODE + = (SETTING) key.
Did you recently remove the daisy wheel cartridge? If you did... did you remember to slide the lever on the right hand side do the cartridge carrier back into its original position to lock the cassetted daisy wheel in place? Remember...make sure to press the lever firmly.
Close the top cover.
Press [CODE] + [RESET] at the same time to moe hte carrier to the previous position.
The ML-300 needs to be reset each time the Daisy Wheel is removed or replaced or if the Keyboard Switch changes
position. According to Brother, if this is not done the typewriter will print incorrect characters.
Try these steps:
1) Open the Top Cover. There is a lever directly behind the Daisy Wheel. Pull the lever back towards you. Remove
the Daisy Wheel by pulling it up and out.
2) Verify that it is the Standard Daisy Wheel that came with your machine and not a Symbol or International Daisey
Wheel. Write down the Pitch (10, 12, or dual pitch 1012) printed on the wheel.
3) Reinstall the Daisy Wheel (the plastic top ear goes to your right.) Push the lever (step 1) forward.
4) Press the ALT key plus the PITCH key and the number 1 key simultaneously. Verify the Pitch setting is the same as
is printed on the Daisy Wheel.
5) Press the CODE key plus the RESET key and the letter Q key simultaneously. This will reset the typewriter
mechanism and align (or time, in technical terms) the carriage mechanism.
Check if the typewriter prints correctly now. If still incorrect, perform these additional steps.
6) Verify the three position Keyboard Switch (inside the top cover, on the right side, at the bottom) is in the
I=Standard position. The other positions are: II=International and III=Symbol.
7) If the Keyboard Switch is in the correct position, slide it to position III and then back to I. (This will clean the
switch contacts in case they are dirty and not making good electrical contact.
8) Press the CODE key plus the RESET key and the letter Q key combination again to reset the typewriter mechanism.
Check if the typewriter prints correctly now.
If still incorrect, the only other things I can think of is that:
1) an incorrect Daisy Wheel is installed that does not work in the ML-300. Brother sell a "B type" Daisy Wheel with
two plastic ridges/raised slots below the center of the Daisy Wheel (viewed with the raised top tab on your left.)
The B type are incompatible with your machine.
2) the typewriter has failed and needs repair.