Hi, hope you can help. Camera switches on ok. Message appears 'in synchronized monitor mode' then LCD screen black, but icons appear ok. Have tried restoring factory settings but this does not solve it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
HI there when you go for click the image that time on your LCD screen. Right now its off and its in viewfinder mode. So press the switch for LCD on so , you can see the image in LCD in camera mode. Thanks.
The monitor is possibly not receiving power. Perform the following steps to fix the problem:
Ensure that the electrical outlet and the monitor are both switched on.
Check that the power cord is firmly plugged into the electrical outlet and the power supply unit.
If the power cord has a removable fuse, replace it.
Try another power cord.
Try another electrical outlet.
Check the power connection at the back of the panel.
Screen is blank and power indicator is steady green
Brightness and Contrast may be too low. Adjust the brightness and contrast using the On-screen display controls (OSD) by selecting the button Screen is blank and power indicator is steady amber
The monitor is in the Power Management Standby state. The power management feature is invoked when the computer recognizes that you have not used your mouse or keyboard for a user-definable period. Perform the following steps to bring monitor out of the power management state:
Press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse to restore operation.
Check the Power Management software on your computer.
Press the (OK) key to switch between analog and digital mode. If the panel is the wrong mode for the signal being provided, the monitor appears to go into sleep mode.
Screen is blank and power indicator is flashing green
Display mode of the computer is outside the range of the monitor. The display mode the monitor uses is controlled by your computer. Therefore, you should refer to your computer's documentation for details on how to change display modes.
The image size, position and shape may change when the display mode changes. This is normal and the image can be readjusted using the IMAGE SETUP and the monitor controls.
Note: Unlike CRT monitors, which requires a high refresh rate to minimize flicker, TFT technology is inherently flicker-free. If possible, configure your computer for 1600 x 1200 addressability at 60Hz vertical refresh rate.
Use the following table as a guideline and reconfigure your computer to use a supported display mode. The highest resolution (for example, 1600 x 1200) produces the optimal output, but limitations of your monitor may prohibit this setting. Adjust the addressability mode until an image appears.
CHECK SIGNAL CABLE" message is shown and power indicator is steady amber.
The monitor is not receiving a video signal. Perform the following steps to fix the problem:
Check that the signal cable is firmly connected to your computer
Check that no pins are bent in the signal cable connector.
There are noises in the video signal. The IMAGE SETUP function is used to adjust the level of noise in the video signal which causes horizontal lines or areas where the image appears to be unstable and jitters or shimmers. This can be done automatically or manually. Note: It is not applicable to digital input.
Use the image setup fix the problem:
Select (Image Setup) menu in the OSD.
Select Manual to adjust CLOCK/PHASE settings.
Image appears to be discolored
The color setting may be incorrect. Perform the following steps to adjust the color settings:
Select (Image Properties) from the OSD menu.
Select (Color Properties) to adjust the color mode you find most comfortable or fine tune the colors using the Custom menu.
A few dots are missing, discolored, or inappropriately lighted
A small number missing, discolored, or lighted dots may be present on the screen, which is an intrinsic characteristic of the TFT LCD technology and is not an LCD defect. Using On-Screen display (OSD) controls
The settings adjustable with the user controls are viewed through the OSD. Press the (OK) button to display the main OSD menu.
OSD main menu:
Note: The LCD monitor needs time to become thermally stable the first time you turn it on each day. Thus, to achieve more accurate adjustments for parameters, allow the LCD monitor to warm up (be on) for 15 minutes before making any screen adjustments
OSD Warning Messages
A warning message may appear on the screen indicating
that the monitor is out of sync range. Cannot
Display This Video Mode
This means that the monitor cannot synchronize
with the signal that it is receiving from the computer. Either the signal is
too high or too low for the monitor to use. See Specifications
for the Horizontal and Vertical frequency ranges addressable by this monitor.
Recommended mode is 1024x768 @ 60Hz.
Occasionally, no warning message appears, but the
screen is blank. This could also indicate that the monitor is not synchronizing
with the computer or the monitor is in a power save mode.
Hi there. I can help you with that. First, make sure your in shooting mode. Then press the Display button. There are 3 modes: Standard, Detailed and Off. Each press of the Display button scrolls you through each of the modes. Try that, and it should fix you. Let me know if you have any problems or if I can help you any further. Please feel free to rate my answer appropriately if you find it satisfactory, and thanks for coming to FixYa.
Based on the information you have provided, it appears that you may have encountered this issue. To determine if the CCD (image sensor) is working properly, please follow these steps:
1. Insert a memory card with known good images on it into the camera.
2. Power the camera on to the Playback mode.
3. Press the DISPLAY (DISP) button to enable the LCD panel, and observe the LCD.
a. If the images are displayed properly, please proceed to step four.
b. If the images are not displayed, or a "NO IMAGES" message appears, please ensure that the memory card contains known good images.
c. If the card contains known good images, and the issue persists with a second memory card, the camera will require service.
4. Switch the camera to the Camera mode. You may use any shooting mode (i.e. Auto, Manual).
5. Press the DISPLAY (DISP) button to enable the LCD panel.
6. Point the camera at a well-lit scene and observe the LCD and/or viewfinder. If the scene the camera is pointed at appears on the LCD and/or viewfinder, the CCD is operating properly. If the LCD and/or viewfinder remain black, the camera requires service
Hello, I went and researched a few points in the manual and hope this helps to some extent. If this doesn't help, try resetting your camera by removing the batteries for 30 seconds, then reinstalling them and turning on the camera again.
Monitor is blank: • Camera is off. • Batteries are not correctly inserted or battery-chamber cover is not properly latched. • Batteries are exhausted. • EH-62B AC adapter (available separately) is not properly connected. • Camera is in sleep mode. Press shutter-release button halfway. • Monitor is off. • USB cable is connected. • AV/Video cable is connected
No picture is taken when shutter release button is pressed:
• Camera is in playback mode. • Batteries are exhausted. • Red (!) lamp flickers: flash is charging. • Green (AF) lamp flickers: camera unable to focus. • Message "CARD IS NOT FORMATTED" appears in monitor: memory card is not formatted for use in your camera. • Message "OUT OF MEMORY" appears in monitor: insufficient memory to record picture at current Image mode setting.
Hello, I went and researched a few points in the manual and hope this helps to some extent. If this doesn't help, try resetting your camera by removing the batteries for 30 seconds, then reinstalling them and turning on the camera again. Monitor is blank: • Camera is off. • Batteries are not correctly inserted or battery-chamber cover is not properly latched. • Batteries are exhausted. • EH-62B AC adapter (available separately) is not properly connected. • Camera is in sleep mode. Press shutter-release button halfway. • Monitor is off. • USB cable is connected. • AV/Video cable is connected
No picture is taken when shutter release button is pressed:
• Camera is in playback mode. • Batteries are exhausted. • Red (!) lamp flickers: flash is charging. • Green (AF) lamp flickers: camera unable to focus. • Message "CARD IS NOT FORMATTED" appears in monitor: memory card is not formatted for use in your camera. • Message "OUT OF MEMORY" appears in monitor: insufficient memory to record picture at current Image Mode selection.
Please follow the procedure below:
1. While the message is displayed, press the center of the controller.
2. The LCD monitor and data panel will turn off .
3. Turn the Main Switch to OFF and remove the CompactFlash card from the camera.
4. If "No Card " message appears at next time the camera is activated in the recording mode, the camera and CompactFlash card are OK.
5. In case that "Card Error. OK" appears again, the CompactFlash card may be faulty. Use other card.