About 2 weeks ago, during drying the dryer would stop eventhought the clothes weren't finished. I would leave the door open, return about 1/2 hour later and it would turn on. As days went on the dryer would stop after about 10 min, then 5min. Now it woun't turn on at all. When you push the button it sounds like it wants to start, but won't. the drum is turnable. I called maytag and they give me an estimate. Then to get the estimate you have to pay a huge fee.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had this same problem 3 weeks ago, and here is what I found. The dryer was so clogged with lint it could not dry the clothes. I had to take the whole machine apart and clean all the lint out. I found the felt around the drum was worn out, and that was allowing the lint to go everywhere it shouldn't. With the felt replaced and the lint gone, it worked well. Be blessed.
Hi, from what you describe, it sounds like you may have incomplete combustion, which would leave a residual odor while burning. Check your vent, on the outside where the flap opens and the exhaust leaves the building. Anything blocking that vent may cause an air flow problem. If you have good air flow when the dryer is running, the problem is going to be at the gas valve/burner and may need a professional. In my town, the gas company will come out and check problems like this for no charge, they don't replace parts but are good at troubleshooting. Best of luck.
You are correct. Pull the dryer out and disconnect your venting from the back of the dryer. Turn your dryer on and check to make sure your dryer is blowing air out of the dryer duct. If it is then leave your dryer out at least 2 ft from the wall and run a load of clothes through the dryer. If it dries your clothes normally then you have a venting restriction. Check to make sure your venting is clean, not kinked or smashed, make sure your outside vent is opening an doesn.t have something blocking it. Check your lint screen filter by running water through it. If water is not flowing through it, you have a build up of fabric softener on your screen, blocking air flow. Scrub your screen off and test again. Good Luck, Appliance Specialists
Chances are the little plastic latch keep is broken. Look at the door and locate a peice that will press into the front area where the clothes go in.
Once you see it, check the keeper and see if it is broken. The door should not just pop open.
check to see if you have bent door hinges first, do this by opening the door all the way down and see if it is level with the floor. if it goes past level then the hinges are bent. guess someone may have fell on the door or used it as a step. if so, then you can take a hand towel and roll it up, then put it at the bottom of the door and close the door gently to "bend" the hinges back into place. this will aloow the door to stay closed and should also take care of the "burn" marks on your clothes. i would guess the unit was overheating from the door not closing right allowing air to enter around the door. that will cause the unit to overheat and leave marks on your clothes.
This sounds like you may have blown the thermal fuse. If you turn the dryer around facing the back, remove the screws holding the back panel on (be sure to unplug the pigtail from the wall!!!). When you remove the back panel, down towards the bottom, you will see a plastic piece (could be long and square, or rounded type. Do believe it will be the long type) with 2 wires going to it. It has a screw that holds it it. This fuse protecs the unit and motor from excess heat and electrical issues.