I have had this DVD player for two years now and it worked fine until last summer. The issue is that it constantly says open and I hear no movement in the motor which reads the disc. I dont wanna buy another one if this one can be fixed. What is causing the player to display the "open" even when lid is closed completely?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: DVD PLAYER TROUBLES
There are really only things that can cause that problem, either the microswitch inside has failed which tells the processor that the drawer has closed, or the processor itself has failed. If you have some experience working on electronics, you can open the unit and see if the drawer is contacting the switch, and if so meter the switch to see if it has gone bad, otherwise, I would recommend replacing it, as you can do some home laser surgery to yourself if you open the unit and look at the laser.
We have bought Durabrand sold at Walmart, it is normally not expensive to replace, and actually going by the one I bought my son, it has held up well.
Good luck, I hope the info helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi, Try the following to make your dvd player region free
1. Make sure there is no Disc in the tray. 2. Shut off the unit and unplug it from the AC outlet. 3. Press and Hold the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys, simultaneously on the player and not the remote control. 4. While holding these keys, plug the AC cord back into the outlet. (TEST and CPU ver# will appear on the display) 5. Release the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys. 6. Press DVD Menu twice on the remote. 7. When the display reads s000 5858 use the up and down buttons to change the 000 to 02E. 8.
Using the Left and Right arrow buttons, change the last four digits
until they read 0000 for Region Free, 0101 for Region 1, 0202 for Region
2 or 0404 for Region 4. 9. Press Enter on the player. 10. Press Standby and wait 5 seconds. 11.
Press Standby again. Your player is now set to the region you
requested. If you find some titles do not play on the region 0 setting,
you may have to hard select the appropriate region. ok
I have often found that when my DVD players acted up it was simply a dirty lens on the reader. Pop over to your local store and find a DVD cleaner Disc. Magnavox makes them (i suggest brand name over a generic one anyday) Hope that's the issue. :)
dvd player keeps saying no disc when I try to play a dvd.what can i do? worked fine until about 3 months ago. started to say no disc when disc inserted but after opening and closing 3 to 6 times it would read.now it just wont read. any ideas?
I contacted Bush custimer care and this is the reply I got: --- We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
We would request you to kindly reset the remote control by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Remove the batteries and reinsert the batteries after 1 minute. 2. Press and hold the top, right and the bottom navigation button on the remote control along with the number 1 button (as in 123) for 10sec. ---
It didn't work for me, but I have posted it on here, just in case it works from someone else
most portable dvd players arent meant to stay plugged in for long periods of time because they overcharge the batteries or cause damage to the players power supply regardless of how expensive they are .
However you can get a dvd player unit that is mounted in an overhead console (from a car stereo outlet that will last go to this site to see examples: www.mobilevideo4less.com/suv-systems.html - 40k
Not alot a user can do with these units unless you have all the proper tools and jigs. Read this and see if it helps. http://www.techlore.com/article/14550/ Good Luck
PS please dont forget to rate this thread.