- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Routers don't use drivers. You PC connects to it through the network, either wirelessly or through a wire. If you need to configure it, you can visit ftp://ftp10.dlink.com/pdfs/products/WBR-2310/WBR-2310_ds_ca.pdf to view the datasheet. If you plug the wires in (your incoming internet signal goes to the Internet jack, and any PC's connect with wires to the back of the unit) then that computer should be able to connect. If you are connecting wireless devices to it, you will need to enable wireless networking. To change your settings, you will need to log into the router by typing 192.168.0.1 in a web browser. A pop up will come up asking for a user name and password. Here is the default password, unless someone changed it. User name: admin password: (leave blank) Once you are in you can adjust wireless settings, security (for a password-secured connection). A word of warning here: If you create a password make sure you copy it down exactly because you will need to enter it before you can connect to it.
Welcome to Fixya. If you want to make your connection secure by using a password you need to access the router settings page and change the security type. Follow the instruction below on how to make the connection secure.
If you want to setup a password or security on your router you need to access the Wireless Settings Page. To access the router page you need a working computer that is connected to the router. To access the router page just open a browser then type 192.168.0.1, the Default username is admin and the password is blank. Go to Wireless Settings and under Wireless Security Mode select either WEP, WPA, WPA2 then create a personalize Passphrase. Passphrase serves as the password on the network to make it secure.
Who is you ISP? if you're using cable connection follow these steps:
1. Connect modem to WAN port of the WBR-2310 2. Connect computer to port 1 of the WBR-2310 3. Open web browser (IE, firefox,chrome,safari), and type in 192.168.0.1 into your address bar 4.Into the log-in page username:admin password: (none) 5.click on "SETUP" 6. Click on "MANUAL CONFIGURE" 7..in the Internet connection type, make sure that it must be in DYNAMIC IP DHCP 8. Click on CLONE YOUR PC's MAC ADDRESS button(notice that mac address will change after you click on that button) 9. Click on SAVE settings now and it will count down click on Continue after that 10. Then Try to ACCESS Internet
/... but if still you cannot access Internet try to power cycle the modem and the router.. follow these steps also
1. turn off bothe modem and router (just unplug the power cord) 2. after 1 minute, TURN ON first the modem, 3. after 1 minute again, TURN ON the router 4. after 1 minute try to access Internet
But if still no Internet connection, please look for the brand of your modem if it is speedstream 5100 or hugesnet or actiontec modem because those modem have the same IP address with your DLINK router and you need to change the IP address of your DLink then....
Further questions? call 1-877-453-5465 (US), 1-800-361-5265
connect your computer to the router by an ethernet cable. Open Internet explorer or FIREFOX. Type the roiuter's default IP-address (if not known: its either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.0 or 192.168.1.0... keep trying until you're answered and asked for the password to enter the router (either attached on the router, in the manual or try: user: admin password: admin or password: password. Whgen you're in you'll find many checkboxes you could fill oput or notr; Easyway: give your net a name (SSID), then choose the network access security (set it to wpa-psk), choose a password and enable DHCP (then the router does the rest). Disconnect, look if the computer sjhows reception of your netwoirk by displaying its name. then connect. You will be asked for the password you chose. Done.
http://192.168.0.1 is the default setting
if there is no response at all, the setting has been changed, the available addresses are in the range 192.168.*.* hunt for it, it is a security function, but sucks when nobody remembers what it was changed to.
If there is a password screen, enter the password.
If niether can be remembered, the router can be returned to 'out of the box' by the reset hole on the port side. then all the settings re-entered