An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: memory card error
Take a look inside your camera's CF card slot. I suspect that you may have a bent pin in there. If so, remove batteries and card. Use a small/skinny jeweler's flat screwdriver to bend the pin back as close as possible. The jeweler's screwdrivers that you see at the dollar store will work fine. Another tool that I sometimes use is a stiff wire with a bent hook on the end to get very flattened pins started. Take your time and use as much patience as you can muster (take a breather in between if needed).
It doesn't have to be perfect, just as close as you can get it. When it's the best that you can get it, take your flash card and "SLOWLY" insert it. The card itself should fine-align the pin. Remove the card, and verify that the pin is still straightened. If so, reinsert the card and try it out.
a 6ya Expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to an Expert (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
pull mem card, pull battery. wait 10 secs reinstall battery, turn on. if all is well, and just needs mem card, turn off, install card, turn back on. if you get the memory card error, throw away that mem card, anything else you put it in, might get damaged.
I have read that some manufacture PS1 memory cards will not work properly on the PS2. I would suggest trying another PS2 to see if it's a problem with your specific PS2. If the memory card doesn't pop up on the browser screen of another PS2, it could be defective or incompatible. If it does work on another PS2, it could be something weird going on with your memory card slot on your PS2.
to make sure the problem please insert ur mem stick to external card reader, if it can read ur mem stick so ur phone card reader had a problem and i think its hardware problem, but sometimes when system files(hidden files) in the mem stick is missing can make the same problem, so u better insert ur memstick to the same device that worked to really make sure the problem is (ur memstick or ur phone card reader), and u also can try to insert the memstick from that worked device to ur phone (just make sure problem solution) :)
1. Change batteries, MEM Error/Card Error can also be that the card is FULL in which caseyou upload those precious shots to the PC, then delete them from the card ;-)
2. Look at the card. Does it have a small slideswitch on one side? If so, that is the WRITE safety, and should be marked (ON/OFF, WRITE/SAFE, LOCKED/UNLOCKED etc...) If there is one, and it is not marked, simply slide it to the opposite position. If I recall, most are slide DOWN toward the gold contacts to allow writing and you may have inadvertently caught that slideswitch on the edge of the MEM card slot or the camera body when pushing in in and moved it UP to LOCKED.
3. Get an eraser and CLEAN those gold contacts
4. But another card and see if it works(?) if not, you may have bad or bent contacts INSIDE the camera ((in the MEM slot) which will require a steady hand to fix.
older cameras didn't support pro cards-if door where card goes in says memory stick anly and not pro you need to find PURPLE card that maxs out at 128mb and that's the only card you can use-hard to find-maybe staples or office depot sometimes or online-if door says mem stick pro try formating card through menu in camera-
Try this... if you have another Mem card then insert it in second slot and start Sony browser now copy your save game data form Mem card 1 to Mem card 2. Place the second mem card in first slot and start game now load your game. Best of luck.