Question about Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4) Router (1010835)
Set up to wireless site refuses to allow entry say,s it needs i.p address but i don,t know how to post it ?
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2011 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Go to the manufacturers' site and get their install and operators manual.
It is usually easiest to run the install wizard, but be sure to be ready to set the items listed below.
Things to set:
Note: Routers are intended to be set by geeks. You have to SAVE EVERY page, or the changes will be lost. A geek knows this (apparently). The router gives no protest...just dumps your changes.
1. Login password (RECORD THIS!!). Consider taping to bottom of the router. Physical access is not the security issue.
2. Set a recognizable system ID.
3. Invoke wireless security of at least WEP.
a. Assign your own access code, 10 digit home or cell #. Consider taping to bottom of the router. Physical access is not the security issue.
4. Check that your router is set to broadcast its' presence.
5. Change the channel of the wireless to 11, and avoid conflict with landline cordless phones. (Big issue, even the neighbors can interrupt).
There are more secure settings available, all the way down to only allowing certain MAC addresses in. A MAC address is a digit unique to each and every network card. Like a fingerprint.
Jan 23, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Aug 19, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Aug 18, 2010 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Jan 03, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Aug 13, 2009 | Netopia (3347NWG-VGX) Wireless Router...
Apr 22, 2009 | Routers
Feb 08, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Jan 17, 2009 | D-Link / RangeBooster N 650 / DIR-635 /...
May 08, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: