- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off,hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
1. Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2. Turn the player off.
3. On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see the orange colour.
4. On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under "My Computer" called "16MB FORMAT". Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5. Double click the RHAPSODY-188.8.131.52 file you downloaded earlier and open it. You will need WinZIP or WINRAR to "unpack" it. Inside you will see a file named PP5022.mi4 drag this file onto the 16MB Format in My Computer mentioned before.
6. Double Click on the Sansa.rar and open it. Drag the Sansa.fmt file into the 16MB Format as well (this forces the device format and erase all data)
6. Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7. Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.