I have a sony minidisc car player (model mdx-ca580) And I was wondering how to connect up a ipod to the aux. I have no problem connecting the lead (to the bus audio input) but i dont know how to change the machine to play whats playing through the auxilary. Do i have to change a setting to do this? any help would be greatly appeciated. Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Take the cd player out and run the 12+V to + on 12+V battery.
Run the Ground/Black wire to negative on battery. See if the cd player will turn on. If it does, check your ground in the dash. This is just a good trouble-shooting method to make sure the cd player system board is not fried.
red - switched power (hot when key is on)
yellow - constant power (hot at all times - depending on the vehicle, i've used a direct battery connection, but isn't recommended)
black - ground
blue - power antenna or amplifier 'REM' wire
the other's, i'm working off of old memory....
purple - rear right
green - rear left
white - front right
gray - front left
wires with black stripes are ground, and without are hot
- if you're working on an older car, it sounds like your red and yellow are connected to the same power source. if this is the case, the time will always be resetting.
- if it's a newer vehicle, AND the time is not resetting, the red wire is connected to the wrong source. if the time and stations stay programmed after it shuts off, the yellow wire is correct.
I had the same problem before with the same unit, and I found that the problem was only the recording format, you have to record your MDs in SP mode, this is because, the mdx-c8200 is a non MDLP MD compatible unit. So, if you want to listen your MDs on your mdx-c8200 just don t record em in LP mode, just SP mode.
It sounds like you have a newer portable minidisc player, and an older deck. There were several upgrades over the years for ATRAC files, and some of the newer recording formats are not compatible with older players.