A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think you need to check your power wires to your radio. This is a common mistake. There are several power wires to deal with. One wire stays hot to keep the clock and radio presets working. The second is Hot when the key is turned on. The third is hot when you turn on your lights for instrument lighting. If you connected this wire for your power source, You would have this problem you are describing. If it's wired correctly, Check the ground wire to the radio. Hope this helps.
Turn the radio off and then disconnect the battery, wait 2 min then reconnect the battery. Turn on the radio and hit eject, that should reset the radio and you have to set the stations and clock. Note: radio must be off before disconnecting the battery, os your going to have to re-enter the radio code to have the radio active again.
Good luck and keep me posted.
You could be hooking up the main power to a full time hot rather than the radio circuit. Use a test light to find the switchable hot and hook up your power wire to it, then then memory for the radio goes to the full time hot.
Check the yellow wire connection on your wiring harness... This is the wire that provides continuous power even when the ignition is off. This is how the radio remembers presets/time and such. Every time you turn off the car, the radio "resets" because you dont have the yellow wire connected to an ALWAYS HOT wire.
If you cannot find a hot wire, then you can run a wire from the yellow on the back of your radio directly to the positive terminal on your battery. Dont worry, it doesnt draw enough power to run your battery down.
Most cars have a cigarette lighter or power port somewhere that is always hot. You could always run the yellow wire off of one of these.
Just find a way to get the yellow wire on a hot wire and your stereo will remember the presets.
this look like a low battery and every time you try to crank your car it takes more power and kill the main power to the radio solution # 2 the radio as 2 power wires one is always hot ( with current) and the other is connected to the ignition switch if you have replaced the radio those 2 wires maybe are connected backwards the one that goes to the switch is probably connected directly to the battery and the one is suppose to be always hot is probably connected to the switch if you have the original radio have your battery tested and if is ok then try get a haynes book at any auto parts for you car and try to follow the wire that is always hot normally is a yellow or orange wire solution #3 this apply only if you car still have the original radio turn your ignition switch to the on position but don't crank your car and turn your radio on select a radio station then turn your ignition key off and wait 3 minutes then turn your ignition switch on again with out cranking your car and the radio should be in the same radio station you select if this test pass then chances are is your battery getting low and if this test fail then the hot wire has a blow fuse look for the fuse inside the hook let me know what happend and good luck
you have a wire wrong on the radio it all happened when you turnd on the lights right i done the same thing on 96 dodge ram pick up when you turn on the lights one wire u would think is a ground turns into a hot for radio lights so check your fuses unhook radio turn on lights an check for hot wires that are not hot when they are of hook that one to the memory wire on radio
soft reset. get in turn on truck with door shut turn on sat radio on ch 184. turn off radio turn off truck and take keys out. next open door fully for 90 seconds. shut door. turn on truck. turn on radio and have sirius reset it. its called a soft reset.
Obviously there is a heating problem with it. It seems that it is getting too hot and its shutting down before it overheats and catches fire. Pull the radio out of the dash and leave the wires connected. Are there any bare wires or ones not connected good? There may be a short between the wires thats not a significant enough connection to blow the fuse. Seperate the wires from each other and turn the radio back on. Let it play till the time that it usually shuts down. If its still doing it I would suggest smashing it with a hammer.