How to Configure Belkin routers without installation CD for DSL ISPs :
- Connect the DSL Modem to Router in the port named Modem (usually yellow in color) using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Computer to the Router in one of the 4 ports named wired (usually grey in color) using another Ethernet cable.
- Open internet explorer / Firefox / chrome or any of your default web browser.
- In the address bar type the default gateway address of Belkin router 192.168.2.1
- Belkin router setup page (RSP) will be displayed.
Wired Part Configuration:
Check for the internet status at the top right hand corner. If it is connected then the wired part is working perfect with the router (wired computers will go online). Need not follow the steps below, directly jump to wireless part configuration.If it is not connected then we need to configure the wired part by following these steps.Step 1:
You need to LOGIN to the router for making any changes. (No login password, just leave it blank and click SUBMIT)Step 2:
Click on CONNECTION TYPE (found on left side of RSP), it has to be selected as DYNAMIC and click next.Step 3:
HOST NAME leave it blank or you can type anything there and click on APPLY CHANGES.Step 4:
Now check for the internet status at the top right hand corner. If it says connected then everything for the wired part is configured perfectly. You can go ahead and configure for the wireless part.
If it is not connected then we need to do a network power cycle.Steps to be followed for performing Network power cycle:
- Unplug the power cable of both your modem and router.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable of the modem and wait until all the lights are lit up in it.
- Now plug back the power cable to the router and check for the lights in the router.
Modem & Internet lights will be lit and they will be solid (blue/green) in the router; it says that the Internet status is connected. Now you will be able to go online in the wired computers.
If still Modem & Internet lights are not solid in the router; it may be blinking in red/ amber it says that the Internet status is not connected. You will not be able to go online in the wired computers.
In this case you need to connect your computer directly to the modem and check whether you are able to go online. If you are not able to go online, then you need to contact your ISP and fix your issue with internet.
The above method is applicable for DSL ISPs only.
List of famous DSL ISPs in US:
List of famous DSL ISPs in India:
- AT & T
- Pioneer Telephone Networks
Now lets configure wireless part by clicking here...
- Tata indicom
- Reliance Telecom