First thing to check is the picture size
. You can view many program formats in a variety of picture sizes
- TheaterWide 1
- TheaterWide 2
- TheaterWide 3
- 4:3 HD
- Dot by Dot.
The format of the image will vary depending on the format of the signal you are currently watching from you cable or satellite provider. Select the picture size that displays the current program the way that looks best to you.
To select the picture size using the remote control:
- Press I on the remote control.
- While the Picture Size screen is open, you can do one of the following to select your desired picture size:
• Repeatedly press I.
• Press the corresponding Number button (0–6) while the Picture Size screen is open.
• Press B or b while the Picture Size screen is open.
To select the picture size using the menus:
- Select Picture Size in the Theater Settings menu.
- Press C or c to select the desired picture size setting.
- Highlight Done and press T.
Some of the picture sizes may not be available depending on the receiving signal format from your cable or satellite provider (those will be “grayed out” in the Picture Size screen).
Second thing to check is the Native Mode
which restores the size of the picture by the 3-5% that is generally lost
during the normal over scanning that occurs on traditional sets. It also
avoids unnecessary scaling of 1920 x 1080 HD signals. I hope this helps and good luck!