After downloading an update from Norton internet security, I lost all connection with the internet.I phoned my carrier, told them the problem and they tell me it is an issue with Norton. I cannot get Norton to respond with me. May I ask if there is a way to reconnect to the internet? I HAVE PAID the $9.95 for an answer. Will be very happy to have this issue resolved. Thanks so much! SASSYLOU
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: lost all connection with internet
Looks to me the EASIEST thing to do would be to use SYSTEM RESTORE function for windows and go back at least one day before you installed the update. That should lick this problem.
You may also try to disable Norton and see what is does for you internet connection. Uninstalling Norton is not out of the question, but you may have to get the NORTON REMOVAL TOOL to completely get rid of Norton.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think you are confusing the Windows Update with the Norton Automatic update.
Please open your Norton product and see if the status is at "Secure" on the top of the program. If it is secure with a green mark, you need not worry.
If it shows at "Risk", do the following steps: Check if the Windows update is turned on or off. Check if the computer's date and time is running correctly If the problem still persist, reinstalling the Norton program will definitely fix the issue
To reinstall we need to first download the setup file from the link www.norton.com/nis11, which will download the latest version of Norton Internet Security.
Double click the downloaded file and that will remove the existing version and install the latest version.
I see that you are using an older version of Norton Internet Security. I suggest you to update your program to the latest version. You can download the installation file from the link www.norton.com/nis11 and follow the onscreen simple instructions. I am sure that upgrading to the latest version will fix your Live Update issue. Please also check if the computer's date and time is correct.
1. Close the Norton Download Manager.
2. Open the Norton Installation files folder of the desktop.
3. Remove the Norton Download Manager and .dll file.
4. Install the Norton using the NIS setup on the folder.
5. Install the sysupdates to update the virus defenitions.
6. Restart the computer.
7. Activate the Norton using your product key.
hi, this is common problem with norton. It must be showing live update failed. There is nothing wrong with norton ( u must have registered on the norton site). This problem is caused due to internet connectivity, you should have broadband connection, in order to download updates. The only cause is poor internet connectivity as updates are big in size to be downloaded, they need fast internet connection (especially in case of norton).
Or you can take it to the shop from here you have purchased norton, they will update in less than half an hour with a legitimate charge.
although, not specified what you did but i presume 2 actions:
1. Running the program and cannot be completely loaded, it means that there's a program that block your Norton Internet Security 2008 to run, and that might be a Virus or Trojan. or someone is hacking in your pc (might be). and this will happen, if your Norton Internet Security 2008 is not updated and/or you install an internet plug ins in some of your visited website and through that plug ins the website administrator has a link in your pc to access, but not all.
solution: try to uninstall and fresh install your Norton Internet Security 2008 but before you do that make sure that you have a supported docs like cd key and response code from Norton if any, to successfully install your anti virus. and before you install, unplug your connection from internet (install offline, after installation, update it and scan your pc).
2. you install your Norton Internet Security 2008 and cannot be completely loaded, it means that Norton program is corrupted. please have a fresh copy in cd if any and install it.