Question about Peavey PV® 2600 2-Channel Amplifier
I've worked on similar units.
Things I'd check first :
Dust in the unit.
Weak solder connections /crusty debris stuff on the input jacks or output terminals
Any flex cables soldered in tend to be a problem on peavey amps I resolder all those contacts.
Checking the amp w/o a load IS NOT a good suggestion.
What style output connections are you using?
1/4 inch, binding post, or Neutrik style?
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2013 | Peavey Pv 2600 Power Amplifier
Jan 25, 2012 | Peavey Pv 2600 Power Amplifier
Mar 27, 2011 | Peavey Pv 2600 Power Amplifier
• Check that the subwoofer is connected properly, switched on and the volume turned up.
• If your subwoofer has a sleep function, make sure it is switched off.
• Make sure that the Subwoofer setting is YES or PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• The crossover frequency may be set too low; try setting it higher to match the characteristics of your other speakers (see Speaker Setting on page xx)
• If there is very little low frequency information in the source material, change your speaker settings to Front: SMALL / Subwoofer: YES , or Front: LARGE / Subwoofer: PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• Check that the LFE channel is not set to -80dB , or a very quiet setting (see Bass Peak Level
on page xx).
• Check the speaker level settings (see Channel Level on page xx).
Regarding the Large vs Small assignment of speakers, what they mean isn't so much the physical size but the ability to handle real bass. Large if Yes.
Jan 12, 2011 | Boston Acoustics PV600 Main / Stereo...
Aug 18, 2010 | Peavey Pv 2600 Power Amplifier
Jun 12, 2010 | Peavey Pv 2600 Power Amplifier
Mar 17, 2010 | Peavey Pv 2600 Power Amplifier
Feb 05, 2010 | Peavey Pv 2600 Power Amplifier
Aug 05, 2009 | Peavey PRO-12 (00497070) Main / Stereo...
Jun 15, 2009 | Peavey PV® 2600 2-Channel Amplifier
365 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: