I have this problem and can't fix it after i repair a PCB on the scaner unit witch gives high voltage on the lamp,after that i change a lent cables!S0 the error remains !Pls don't tell me to contact the srvice couse i'm working at one !So, if u can give me another solution pls!i'm trying to fix it from 1 week already ! tnx !
I'm not sure if this will help or if this is the same as i had but I had been given A laserjet 2820 which keep't coing up scanner error 5 the chap that had it before me contacted hp service & was told to replace scanner unit which he did & it was ok for a while like 6 months & started then started again. The problem he had was powered up ok till it came to scanner bulb warming up the scanner unit moves back & forth then try's to escape through the right hand side of case. This is because it cant see the home position white strip under the scanner glass all you have to do is remove top section of the scanner unit complete with scanner glass & clean the under part of the scanner glass the white strip is located under the wide gray panel as you look down on the scanner glass with the lid up. hope this is of some use. my unit has been working for some time now
I ran into this also. Kevin's solutions is one of many I have found. I also have found to simply check the small connectors on the scan bar as some times they vibrate loose over time. Remove them and re-seat them gently, being careful not to force them.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. No transfer charging. A. The connector terminals of the high-voltage PCB make poor contact. Reinsert the connector. Also check for continuity within the connector cable. If none, remedy or replace the cable. B. Defective engine PCB. Replace the engine PCB and check for correct operation. C. Defective high-voltage PCB. Replace the high voltage PCB and check for correct operation. 2. No LSU laser is output. A. Defective laser scanner unit. Replace the laser scanner unit (see page 1-6-29). B. Defective main PCB. Replace the main PCB and check for correct operation. 3. No developing bias is output. A. The connector terminals of the high-voltage PCB make poor contact. Reinsert the connector. Also check for continuity within the connector cable. If none, remedy or replace the cable. B. Defective engine PCB. Replace the engine PCB and check for correct operation. C. Defective high-voltage PCB. Replace the high voltage PCB and check for correct operation.
1. Clean the scanner's window.
2. Use your hand to check if the shutter of the Registration Patch Sensor Unit can be open.
3. Check if the window of the Patch Sensor (UN43/ UN44) is soiled.
4. Check scar on the ITB.
5. Check movement of the Registration Shutter Solenoid (SL02).COPIER > FUNCTION > PART-CHK > SL to move SL02
6. Check the harness/connector between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/J12) and the Patch Sensors (UN43/J4007, UN44, J4006).
7.Replace the Drum Unit (M)
8.Replace the Registration Patch Sensor Unit
9 Replace the ITB Unit.
10. Check conduction of the fuses (FU5, FU8) in the DC Controller PCB (UN09).
11. Replace the Primary Transfer High Voltage PCB (UN04)
12. Replace the Developing High Voltage PCB (UN07)
13. Replace the Primary Charging High Voltage PCB (UN06)
14. Replace the Auxiliary High Voltage PCB (UN08)
15. Replace the Replace the DC Controller PCB (UN09)
The HP M2727 has a known issue with the scanner error 8 and bad formatters. HP has extended the warranties on this product. I suggest you contact them directly and they will most likely exchange the unit.
Hi its normal one of two things 1 the scanner unit is being stopped or snagged as it travels
to test this lift the lid switch on an look to see if it is obstructed.
2 the lamp in the scanner unit is not putting out enough light, the machine monitors the light out put and if insufficient it gives a scanner error.
I'm sorry to say the the cost of a scanner unit normal puts the machine beyond economic repair
But google hp partsurfer this will get you parts
good luck Ian
Sorry but I have a bad news. Scanner error 5 or 8 means that the scanner lamp is not able to move and if it does it cannot go all the way. The printer need service, probably a new scanner. The repair might be too complicated and expensive (over $250) I suggest to get a new one. HP can provide a deal to recycle the unit and give you a credit, maybe not a lot but its something.
The problem is in the scanner section.There is too mush ash on the
mirrors and scanner lamp.You can fix it just like disassembly the
printer and pull out the scanner section.Open it cover
and inside you'll see the mirrors.Clean the ash from mirrors using
cloth which leaves no hairs. WARNING! If you don't have a technical skills don't try to do anything. If this not help you need to replace the scanner section.
I Have A HP Laserjet 2820 on power up went through to scanner bulb warming up then made a clicking noise comming from scanner unit it was trying to escape the case. if this is the same as yours the problem is that the scanner unit can't find the home position strip mounted betweent the gray case wide piece right hand side as you look down on scanner unit with lid up & the top of the scanner glass inside the scanner unit to get to it you must remove top section of the scanner unit & cleean underside of scanner glass please E-mail me if you want full instruction.