Scanner problems Its stays on Auto-Scann and buttons dont work
Resetting or initializing the scanner may clear your problem.
To RESET the scanner:
- Turn the power OFF, then turn it ON again.
- Insert a pointed object (paper clip end, ballpoint pen tip, etc.) into the RESET opening on the side of the scanner, then press and release the button inside the opening.
If the above doesn't clear the problem, try the more drastic INITIALIZE procedure. NOTE: this step will erase all data that you have programmed into the scanner and restore it to original factory settings. To INITIALIZE the unit:
- Turn the scanner OFF then ON again. The scanner briefly displays the DSP boot version, then "Welcome to Digital Trunking" displays.
- Press "0". The scanner displays "System Tests Select Test Exits if no Key Press"
- Press "1". The scanner displays "Factory Unit Erase Memory ENTER if Yes CL to Exit"
- Press ENTER. The scanner displays "Initializing Clr Main Mem V-Scan is OK Please Wait"
- Do not power the scanner OFF until INITIALIZE is complete. When the process is complete the scanner will display "M0000" on the top line and "Bank 0 Ch 0" on the bottom line.
If neither of the above steps works for scanner I recommend that you take it to your nearest Radio shack and arrange certified repairs.
Need the manual for your scanner? You can download/print it here:
For a comprehensive database of active frequencies and systems in your area, visit:
Apr 21, 2010 |
Radio Shack Pro-96 Scanner