Trying to pair omnitech 2.0 bluetooth headset without manual
I lost the manual for my new omnitech 2.0 bluetooth headset. I am trying to pair it with my lg chocolate phone. I went to menu on my phone, then settings, then bluetooth menu. I clicked add new device. it then says place device you are connecting to in discoverable mode. i hit ok, it searches and says no device found.
How do I set the bluetooth headset to discoverable mode, as i assume this is the problem?
I also just bought a Parrot minikit slim and paired it in the same way with no problem.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure that the bluetooth headset is in pairing mode. Consult with your bluetooth manual on how to do this. As long as the bluetooth is in pairing mode, and your phone is searching for it, they should see each other. One other thing to consider is to make sure that the phone and bluetooth are within 30 feet of each other- closer is better.
Make sure that bluetooth is turned on on your phone and that it is discoverable. Put the bluetooth in pairing mode (usually by holding down the power button for a few seconds), and then tell the phone to "search for new devices". The phone will ask you for a password- it's usually 1234 or 0000, but go by what your bluetooth manual says. That should do it.
1) Is the BT feature turned on on the phone?
2) Is the BT feature turned on on the accessory you are trying to pair to? And/or is the accessory in pairing mode so that it can be discovered?
3) Does your owners manual show that the device supports the profile of the device you are trying to connect to? Some devices only support headset (or hansds free), and some support more advanced profiles such as Bluetooth stereo, Dial up networking (DUN)
*If your phione does not support the technology you are trying to pair to, it will not succeed.
turn your headset on and hold the button down until it starts flashing blue and red. go to setting on your phone bluetooth and choose add new device or pair device. your phone will pik up the new bluetooth and ask for a password it is usually 0000 or 1234
1. Ensure that your phone is switched on.
2. If the headset has not been previously paired with a device, switch on the
headset. The headset enters the pairing mode, and the indicator light starts
to flash blue quickly.
If the headset has been previously paired with another device, switch off
the headset, and press and hold the multifunction key until the indicator
light starts to flash blue quickly.
3. Activate the Bluetooth feature on the phone, and set it to search for
Bluetooth devices. See the user guide of your phone for instructions.
4. Select the headset from the list of found devices.
5. Enter the passcode 0000 to pair and connect the headset to your phone. In
some phones, you may need to make the connection separately after
pairing. You only need to pair the headset with your phone once.
If pairing is successful, the headset appears in the menu of the mobile phone
where you can view the currently paired Bluetooth devices.
When the headset is connected with your mobile phone and ready for use, the
indicator light of the headset slowly flashes blue.
The name of your bluetooth headset is the OmniTech (OT-020C).
This will be slightly difficult to explain without knowing the model of phone... First off, you need to ensure that you are using a bluetooth enabled phone. You will need to enter the settings and tools menu. From within that menu, you need to find either "connections" or "bluetooth" and select. Make sure bluetooth is enabled. There will be an option to add a new device.
On your bluetooth headset, hold down the power button down until the power light stays lit. This may take 5 seconds or more. Now your bluetooth is in pairing mode.
Back to the phone, you want to hit "add new device". On certain models of phone you additionally have to select "search for devices". Your phone will recognize any headsets in pairing mode. When it is finished scanning, allow the phone to add your headset. It will ask you for the device pin code. This pin code will be 0000.
I hope this answered all of your concerns. If you are having trouble with finding the correct settings from within your phone, reply with your phone model and I can give you more detailed information!
Pairing your Cell Phone to your Bluetooth Headset: (FROM Bluetooth Headset) 1.Make sure Bluetooth Headset is fully charged! 2.Hold down talk button (center button of headset) up to (Five) 5 seconds, then WAIT until you see a solid blue light then immediately flip open earpiece part of headset. THIS MEANS the HEADSET IS NOW IN PROGRAM MODE. AT THE SAME TIME/ WHILE BLUETOOTH IS STILL OPEN & IN PROGRAM MODE…. (FROM CELL PHONE)
1. Click on “Menu” (Left Button) 2. Scroll to Bluetooth icon. (Lower Right Hand side of menu) 3. Click “Ok” button 4. Then click on “My Devices” 5. Click “OK” again 6. Select “FIND NEW”: Cell phone searches/connects to pair up with Bluetooth Headset. 7. Once your Cell phone discovers your new headset, select “ADD” or click on the recently paired headset device. 8. You will then be prompted to enter a pairing code. Use either.. a.0000or b.1111 or c.9999 Congratulations on paring/ connecting your new Bluetooth Headset w/ to your new Cell phone!