a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
after you changed the thermal fuse did you clean out the dryer and the vent line?if not you blew the fuse again and it will keep doing this until you clean out the duct that the lint filter slides into,vac and blow out the motor and the cabinet where the motor is and blow out the vent line,if it's a long run remove the vent line from the back of the dryer and blow it out with a leaf blower.the dryer went over 300 degrees from lint buildup and popped the thermal fuse,it's a safety so the dryer doesn't run hot and start a fire.if the dryer is running and sfter like 20 minutes it shuts down and won't start for a while until it cools down then the motor is bad also probably from the dryer running to hot from the lint build up.
The problem is likely a blown thermal fuse. This thermal fuse is wired in series with the motor and if it blows, power to the motor is terminated and the motor cannot run. No dryer function works when the motor cannot run.
Disconnect power then access and bypass the
thermal fuse on the blower housing. The blower housing is located on the
front left bottom of the dryer cabinet if the dryer has the lint filter
on the front or at the rear left bottom if the lint filter is located
on the top of the cabinet.
Dryers with lint filter on the front.
Dryers with lint filter on the top.
the thermal fuse by disconnecting the wires and connecting them
together. Insulate them properly and plug the dryer back in. The thermal
fuse is indeed blown and needs to be replaced if the dryer starts. Do
not use the dryer with the thermal fuse bypassed due to fire hazards.
Let us know if the problem is not addressed above but indicate the exact model number of the machine for further advice.
most of these dryers have a thermal fuse that shuts the dryer down when it over heats and it is not resetable. most of these on a kenmore are on the back of the dryer. locate the thermal fuse and use an ohm meter to tell if it has continuity or not. no continuity - replace it.
also if your dryer is over heating one of the most common causes is a crimped vent hose or pipe. don't use plastic hose as it crimps shut easily and won't let the heat out of the dryer causing the problem you described.
if your thermal fuse is blown you will not recieve heat. if you put your dryer on sense load it will keep running because it is not sensing that the clothes are getting dry which in return your timer does not
most likely cause is the air duct is blocked with lint, some always gets past the screen and builts up in the exhaoust line. not enough air flow, the air gets hotter than normal and trips the over temperature cutout.
for most dryers
clear the fan, and exhaust ducting all the way to the wall, and the outside vent hood, of lint