Question about HP ScanJet 2300C Flatbed Scanner

2 Answers

The right power cord for a scanner


I need a power cord for my scanner HP Scanjet 2300c (stoop sale - $5). I went to the HP website and saw that (link above) is the power cord. But can I buy a similar one in an electronics store without going through HP?

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • jessetr Dec 29, 2008

    Hmmm. Wouldn't ya know, the voltage isn't clearly spelled out next to the power jack. The power jack is a single prong and there is a symbol that looks like a long line with three shorter lines directly underneath. Also, on the back label, it says "12VDC (with that symbol I mentioned) 1250mA"

  • jessetr Dec 29, 2008

    Y'know, this is starting to get on my nerves (not your help, you've all been great), but I just looked at the pic from HP itself, and even THAT thing doesn't have a singular prong to fit my scanner. Did I search for a power cord for the wrong scanner?

  • jessetr Dec 29, 2008

    Uh, sorry, that was a completely stupid comment. You've been giving the answer, a power adaptor, all along. Color me embarrased....



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

The power adapter I have with my 2300c scanner is a yhi model 898-1015-U12S. The output is +12V and 1250mA.

Posted on Jul 13, 2010

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 585 Answers

The link you offered is for a standard IEC computer power cord. (click the camera next to the item #) Problem is, if you look at the scanner, there is nowhere for that type of cord to connect. I believe the scanner requires a power adaptor, Look next to the power jack to see what voltage is required, it may be 24 volts or 30 volts for example.

Posted on Dec 29, 2008

  • Bruce Volkers
    Bruce Volkers Dec 29, 2008

    This scanner then requires 12 volts at 1.25 amps. or 12 volts at 15 watts. The scanner requires a regulated power adaptor, not the old transformer type as it will result in dark bars across the scanned image. If you have an old 12 volt adaptor from an LCD monitor that should work fine, provided the plug fits the scanner's jack. I know the adaptor from a monitor would be 4 amps or so but that is not a problem. The source amps just has to surpass the load and provide regulated voltage. Radio Shack stores may offer a 12 volt 15 or 18 watt adaptor, if that doesn't make the project too expensive.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What power cord do i need

Part numbers change as products get older and vary by country. I'd suggest starting here. Once you've identified a part number, do a google search for HP and the part number.

Sep 30, 2010 | HP OfficeJet V40 All-In-One InkJet Printer

1 Answer

I lost my hp all in one printer power cord, I need to know where can I get a new one. Thanks

You can go here to get the part number. I'd dig it out myself, but it sometimes varies by country and I'm not sure where you're located. Once you have the part number, you can do a google search for the part number and see where it's cheapest.

Aug 28, 2010 | HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One Printer

2 Answers

I want to replace the internal power source on my Compaq Presario. Aside from getting the right replacement part with the correct style plug, are there any traps for this rookie installer?

aside from getting the right part you don't have anything to worry about.
not sure which is the right part?
go here:

and type in your model number
then power supply

Jun 25, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR2010NX PC Desktop

1 Answer

Where can I buy a new power cord and adapter for this printer?

Try the following link:
If that doesn't work, try the following and enter "Officejet 4315" in the product name:
Select the model number from the back of your printer and then choose the option for Power Supplies.
I believe the parts you need are the following two: 0957-2119 8121-1023
Those may be entered as links that you can click on directly.
Hope that helps.

Apr 27, 2009 | HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One Printer

1 Answer

Hp service in nepal

The following:

CAS Trading House Pvt Ltd
Tel: +977 430858

Computer Advance System Trading House Pvt Ltd
Tel: +977 1 241550

Kasthamandap Asia Technology Pte Ltd
Tel: &nbsp00977-1 5549390
00977-1 5549391
00977-1 5542317, 5544600
Fax: &nbsp00977-1 5549388

Were all listed here:

As HP Authorized Part Partners.

Jan 14, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook

Not finding what you are looking for?
HP ScanJet 2300C Flatbed Scanner Logo

568 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HP Office Equipment & Supplies Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Ben Johnson

Level 3 Expert

685 Answers

Are you a HP Office Equipment and Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides