Hiya, I tried to my sound card hardware problem by installing XP with sp 3 on top of the Current Xp but I've ended up with 2 XPs runing and everytime I boot up, it asks me which one do I want to load. One of them is new and blank and the other one has my stuff on it. I want to uninstall the newly installed one, can anyone tell me how I can do it??
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: Still no joy... :(
Do you know how to do command line check for bootcfg and windows installs? Also typing "msconfig" in the Run bar will show boot script. If you put the new Windows on a separate partition then you can just delete that. Steve
I am running out for a quick f2f job but will return shortly:)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. which OS you are using? - (Windows XP/Vsta/7 or something else?) 2. if you are using XP, just download and install SP 3 (service pack 3) 3. if you are looking for drivers for a specific audio device - please name the device so that i can help you better.
Please install the sound card (audio) driver. You need the following information to download the drivers from the internet if you do nothave it on disk. (1)Your Operating System (In your case its Windows XP SP2 it does not necessarily mean version) (2)The hardware manufacturer of your device (in your case its the sound card) (3)The model of the sound card Take all this information and Google it or go to the Vendor's website.
Beethoven 9 is not part of the service pack. Go to microsoft and download the service pack as is. If you don't have a fully registeredwindows program, you will have problems until you register it. I've downloaded all service packs and updates for the past 7 years on different levels of windows without any problems. You must have them registered to prove you have an authentic purchased program, not something copied from someone elses setup disks.
Right click 'my computer'- 'manage'- 'disk management'- Than under the 'action' tab select 'all tasks' than select 'delete partation'.
Just make sure you click the partation that has the copy of XP on it that you want to delete.
Hi there. It sounds like the XP you have installed doesn't have the correct/updated driver for your sound card. Try installing the most current Sound driver from the manufacturer's website. It would also be a very good idea to download XP Service Pack 3 from Microsoft, as this will have added support and drivers in the database.
1. Windows Xp installation disk 2. Access to PC with working CD Cd-ROM DVD drive. 3. This file solution.rar
This guide is for people with basic knowledge of PC hardware and system software Let's start.
1. Download solution.rar file 2. Unpack solution.rar file on drive C, you should have a folder named C:\Dos 3. Put your pendrive ( at least 1GB) into working PC USB port 4. Go to the folder C:\Dos and run HpUSBformat.exe file - it should auto detect wyour pendrive disk, if not select form the list ( my pendrive is a drive G: ) - set other options like on the image below and click start.
- now you have a pendrive with bootable dos on it. 5. Copy all other files from C:/Dos to your pendrive. ( you can overwrite existing ones) - your pendrive should look like that
6. Put your Windows Xp installation disk into Cdrom and copy all files from CD to pendrive.
Hi, sounds like 2 things, one the drivers have been uninstalled or faulty sound card.
Only way anyone can provide you with the drivers is by opening up the machine and giving us details on the model of sound card. or onboard sound.
If you have them please repost and i will get you them..