Hi, I just got my G1 yesterday and I'm trying to load music and pictures from my laptop to my phone but neither one recognizes when I plug in the usb cable. The phone never says that its connected and my laptop doesn't show anything on My Computer about any new device being plugged in. Any ideas? I would appreciate it. Thank you
I had the same issue, however what I DID notice up on top was a USB Connected - the USB icon. I pulled that notification up and it asked me to connect. The exacts are:
1. Plug the USB cable into the computer 2. Plug the USB cable into the phone 3. The notification up top corner left will say "USB Connected" with a USB notification icon - BRIEFLY. The text "USB Connected" will quickly disappear, but the icon is still in the left corner. 4. Pull down the notification andyou'll see "USB Connected - Select to copy files to/from your computer" - Select that notification 5. Notification "USB Connected - You have connected your phone to your computer via USB. Select "Mount" if you want to copy files between your computer and your phone's SD Card." - Select the option "Mount". 6. The "Removable Disk" notification should pop up asking you what you want to do. I select "Open folder to view files".
There is a music folder in there, or whatever else you'd like.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Remove the sd card from the phone and put it in an USB card reader and connect it to the computer through the USB port . Now it will recognized by your computer as an folder and you can just copy the songs from your laptop to that folder.
2. If you have the PC suite for your phone installed in your laptop you can connect the phone through the USB to the computer with the Sd card in it and the PC suite will recognize the phone. There you can transfer the music from laptop to the SD card.
Most cell phones today have a few ways of getting pictures, music, videos to your PC/Laptop.
1. Via USB cable - This method usually requires drivers from a CD that came with your phone or can be downloaded from the manufacture's website in order for your PC to recognize your phone when you connect.
2. Via mini SD card - Most phones now have a mini SD slot where you can add more memory to the phone for pictures, music, videos, etc. Usually found attached on the side when you take the battery cover off. It will be a small black chip about the size of a finger nail and to remove it, you simply press it in, then it should release. If you have a memory card reader/slot on your PC/laptop, the mini SD card usually needs a separate adapter to make it fit into a standard SD slot.
3. Via Bluetooth - This requires your PC/Laptop to be able to connect with bluetooth devices. You must pair the PC with your phone first so they can communicate with each other. While using your phone, pick the file (picture, music, video, etc) from your phone, select Options, and send via bluetooth.
It is very easy as long as you have the USB cable.
First you can try to connect your phone to your laptop by USB cable, after your mobile phone be recognized by the laptop(when there appeared an icon), you can find the disk of your phone on the laptop, then choose the music in your laptop and press the right button of the mouse, you will see the option "send to", and choose the disk of your mobile phone.Then it is OK.
There are many free music on the internet now, you can search the music whose format is compitable with your mobile phone.
ok people i have solved the problem with the g1 not recognizing being hooked up to the computer. the usb cords that are sent with the g1 are very crappy. use another usb mini to connect to your computer. theres no installation required just hook it up and select mount and open up my computer and go to removable disk to access you files.
I was trying to transfer some ringtones from old phone to G1 and facing the same problem.
And now somewhere from net I found the solution to my problem.
Although it could not be done by bluetooth, but my problem is solved now.
You can also try it. It may help you out.
> Transfer ringtones/music/photos from your phone to Desktop
> Connect G1 to Desktop by USB cable
> On the top of G1 screen it will show the icon of USB (connected)
> Scroll down from the icon and select 'copy files from computer'
> Select 'Mount'
> On desktop a massage will appear, click 'open folder & show files'.
> Copy & Paste files from computer to G1. Now your files are in G1
> If you want to set any song as ringtone press & hold that song, a menu will appear and you can select 'set as ringtone'
Step 1: Plug in your USB cable to your G1 T-mobile phone as well as the computer. Step 2: On your G1 T-mobile phone you will see a small icon at the top of the screen that symbols the USB. Step 3: Pull down the notification window down and click on USB Connection. Step 4: Automatically on your laptop computer or just computer a window will pop up giving you the option of importing pictures and copying them or just viewing them.
These steps are the correct steps.....T-mobile G1 technical support has not yet modify these steps or include them on the T-mobile G1 manual.
1.) Mount your camera 2.) Open your dcim folder in your camera 3.) In whatever file browser you're using (Explorer, Finder, Nautilus, etc) enable show hidden files. 4.) Remove .thumbnails folder 5.) Be sure to empty trash
just get the software from the internet and the usb cable, or if u hav a memory card on usb mode (in phone settings) go on mass storage, and connect ur usb and it shud work if dat dunt work get a memory card adapter and conect it 2 ur laptop and send it 2 it hope this helps.