Question about RIM BlackBerry 8800
My dad recently got the blackberry storm on the telus network. Im on rogers with my SE w580i which is a crappy phone. So I asked him to have his BB 8830 which is a Telus phone. Was just wondering if there is any way I can use my Rogers SIM in the telus phone and if so then how?
Wrong. he asked about the 8830 which different from the Storm. It has a slot for a sim card as it is designed to be a world phone, meaning that you can use it in countries without a cdma network.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
Unfortunately, you can't use the current Storm model on Rogers. The Telus network is CDMA (Rogers is GSM), which means Telus' wireless products do not use SIM cards :-(
If it's any consolation, there is supposed to be a Blackberry Storm released soon that will use SIM cards and could be used on Rogers.
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2012 | Cell Phones
Nov 17, 2012 | Cell Phones
Apr 30, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
Jul 16, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 8800
Apr 21, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
Mar 14, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
Dec 19, 2008 | T-Mobile Sidekick II
It's a clear and fully detailed guide on how to unlock a BlackBerry 8830:
1. Insert any sim card
2. Turn off all of the wireless connections
3. Go to Options
4. Select Advanced Options
5. Select SIM Card
6. Hit menu select show keyboard (if your BlackBerry have touchscreen)
7. Type MEPD ( you will not be able to see what you are typing )
8. Type MEP2 ( you will not be able to see what you are typing )
9. Now the phone will prompt you to enter network mep code
10. if you not already have the code, then i suggest BlackBerryMEP.COM to get it from .
11. Enter the code ( you should see "code accepted" )
12. Restart your BlackBerry .
SOURCE : BLACKBERRYMEP.COM
Apr 26, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry 8800
1,623 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: