Question about Televison & Video
Hello. I have the same squeel on my tv. I am on my second Polaroid and read the article on fixing it. Have you tried to repair yours yet? THanks.
Mine did the same thing it was three bad caps inside the control box cost 5.00 and 15 mins too fix instructions on this web site just type in flm373b and youll get too it it worked for me the set works better than when it was new
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Hello and Thanks for e-mailing. Actually here is what I have done, please read this and call me directly if you wish to chat about it. I am currently working with corporate side by side on my problem so I think I can help.
A large number of tv's that are aprox. 2-3 years old had faulty control boxes and other manufac. errors when created. Once Polaroid found out about these numerous problems they began figuring out a solution. Well, due to the fact that the control box only accounts for some of these problems it may or may not work to do this fix.
Polaroid offers an out of warrenty repair program now for $210 dollars. They send out the control box and a tech. The tech. is from a 3rd party organization and will need to work with you independantly to set up an appointment. This may fix your TV however I found out after I had him come out that this was only 1' of my problems!
I guess the part that went out in my TV in addition to the control box was the Ybus - board?! This part cost $120 and Polaroid said I had to call their distributor to find the part. They said they cannot find the part so I would have been out the TV.
So here is what I am currently doing and had to do in order to get this far.
1) 10 calls into CS with numerous different responses and personalities. It has taken numerous hours of my time to get here.
2) Polaroid used to offer the $310 replacement TV offer, you send back your TV, pay the shipping of $100 aprox. from UPS and pay the $310 and they will send you another. However, they refuse to do this anymore, I had to battle them for about a month and now I await my exchange.
3) I am working drectly with corporate and they were able to aid me, however for some of this you still have to deal with CS and they are awful.
** Here is what I reccomend;
1. Do not unplug the Tv from the back of the Tv. My TV worked fine even though the noise came on when I turned it on until I unplugged the back cord. Than the screen would pop off so perhaps leave it plugged in.
2. Contact CS and tell them that you have this problem and that you have done your research and that you would be willing to have a tech. come out for the $210 and the new control box. However DE-mand that they refund yor money if that part does not work. They will decline but tell them you will report them to the BBB if they do not comply.
3. Never buy their products again, to answer your question I have NOT tried this fix for $20-30 but would have if corporate would not have aided me. However this fix only fixes the control box problem so if you have another problem you are still only half way....My wife and I have had many ulcers over this and I wish you the best in this. Feel free to request a call, I do not want to add my cell here, I guess.
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2009 | Polaroid FLM-3232 Television
Jun 09, 2008 | Polaroid FLM-3734B 37 in. LCD HDTV
199 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!