Question about Bosch Classixx WFO 2466 Front Load Washer
I have a new Bosch front load washing machine that smells like mold- what should I do?
IMPORTANT: Read thoroughly. DO NOT add detergent or other laundry products to this cycle.
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. If the bad odour persists, repeat the procedure 1 or 2 more times. This may be necessary if this is the first time you have run this cycle.
7. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
8. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly.
To maintain the washer freshness:
1. Use only HE High Efficiency detergent.
2. Leave the door open after each cycle to for better ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
3. Use warm / hot water in your machine unless the fabric you are washing requires cold.
4. Use the correct amount of fabric softener.
5. If your laundry room is damp, use a dehumidifier.
6. Clean the door seal of visible residue.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2016 | Washing Machines
Aug 17, 2010 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Aug 14, 2010 | Zanussi ZWF1430W Front Load Washer
May 19, 2010 | Hotpoint WMA40 Front Load Washer
Dec 01, 2009 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
Nov 06, 2009 | Washing Machines
Sep 05, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 02, 2008 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
567 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: