Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console

1 Answer

PS 2 shocked me when I was turning it off. Now it won't turn on.

I reached to turn off my PS 2 and I received a super static electricity shock. Now the unit won't turn on. The power button still lights up but only in the red color. What can I do? It was fairly new when this happened.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 916 Answers

When you experienced that shock you may have inadvertenly sent an electro static discharge to the circuitry inside the ps2 which would cause it to stop working.
 If it is fairly new return it to the store you purchased it let them know whar happened and usually they will exchange the item for you.

Posted on Dec 28, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My X46 only turns on by the remote but when it does turn on it only goes to the Sceptre screen then powers off again. When I shut it off the night before there was a static shock when I hit the power...


That little shock has between 500 to 21,000 volts. Sensitive transistors and microchips definitely get damaged permanently from static electricity.

Jan 22, 2014 | Sceptre X46BV TV

1 Answer

Electric shock from an unplugged Nintendo wii - how is this possible


It was probably just static electricity. Sometimes the body build up static electricity by just walking on a carpet or from friction of the clothes being worn. He then got the shock when he somehow grounded himself.

Jan 19, 2013 | Nintendo Wii Video Game Consoles & Games

1 Answer

Bretford iPad Cart Static Electricity problem


This was straight from a Bretford tech:

There are no capacitors or anything that can hold a charge on the cart itself. The only thing that we've been able to come up with thus far is that dry air in the schools may help generating static electricity. Common precautions would be 1. make sure the ground plug is still on the cord. (This can get broken off if the cart is moved with the cord still plugged into the wall.) Plugging the ground cord in won't help however if the person has to grab the door handle to open the door to get to the wall outlet. 2. If the air is dry (ie: people get shocks even without the cart or the problem goes away in the spring when the humidity goes up), gently push the metal of the cart handle against the door frame prior to reaching for the door handle. This will discharge any static electricity that was built up as the person walked with the cart safely to the door jamb prior to the person reaching for the door handle.

Nov 20, 2012 | Apple Computer Apple Bretford PowerSync...

1 Answer

I have a bodyguard t260 treadmill and when I run on it there is a great deal of static electricity that shocks me when I touch the treadmill handles


The shock is a build up of static electricity on your body called Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). Friction between the walking board and belt can generate static electricity.

If experienced, the shock is not harmful or dangerous.

Nov 11, 2011 | Exercise & Fitness

1 Answer

Treadmill won't turn on, I get a slight shock when I click the on/off switch.


Dear Sir:

Thank you by you request, I will help you inmediately.

Please do this with very Carefully!!

The shock is a build upof static electricity on your body called Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).Friction between the walking board and belt can generate static electricity.

If experienced, the shock is not harmful ordangerous.

Thank you in advance, sincerely. God bless you.

IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONTACT ME

E.CUADRA
MANAGUA, NICARAGUA. C.A.

Sep 27, 2011 | Precor 9.21 Treadmill

1 Answer

Static electricity fried the button panel


static electricity can damage the chips on the boards. it all depends were the static voltage went to, if it was just to the buttons controller board or to the main av board. you could need new button board or you could need to replace the main board and the button board its hard to say with static shock.

Jul 11, 2017 | Emerson EWL3706 37 in. LCD Television

1 Answer

I touch the on/off button on the Prima TV to turn


I am sure you had some strong static electricity. The static spark arced to inside of the TV in to the circuit board. Many of the low cost TV sets have poor static electricity protection.
In most cases there is damaged caused by static shock to electronic devices.
Just for curiosity, you can try unplugging the set from the AC mins and plugging it back in to do a simple reset, in case there is no damage and some logic device became hung up.
Last year I picked up my mobile phone and got a static shock from it. I had to get a new phone. This phone never worked again!

Jerry G.

Jan 19, 2010 | Prima C2012 TV

1 Answer

Playstation 2 slim won't turn on


try this:

- turn off PS2
- unplug PS2 and wait 1 minute
- plug in PS2 and turn it on

hope this helps :D

Jan 31, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console

3 Answers

PS 2 shocked me when I was turning it off. Now it won't turn on.


Something inside the PS2 is busted so you might need to go to gamestop and get it fixed

Jan 17, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games

2 Answers

TV won't turn on.


Stevenson

the fact that you got shock is because something is not right inside the tv. You need to have that tv check because a manufacturer will not fabricated a tv that can electrocute anyone, specially when you turn the volume. Static electricity is always present in front of any tv that might be the cause of why you got shock. By removing your coat, and touch some metallic object you may get electrocuted, because of static electricity. Please, I want you to have that tv check, I can check that tv for you. I felt something is wrong inside the tv, and something is loose inside like pennies and toys objects. That's my impression. My e-mail address Stevebuy31@hotmail.com

Jan 02, 2009 | Akai PDP4225M 42 in. Plasma Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console Logo

Related Topics:

163 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Video Game Consoles & Games Experts

Zhenya Ogorodnikov

Level 2 Expert

218 Answers

shaun taylor

Level 3 Expert

1525 Answers

juanmireles1

Level 2 Expert

219 Answers

Are you a Sony Video Game Console and Game Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...