Question about Hitachi 50VS69 50" Projection HDTV
I'm on my second light engine, what is it that goes wrong with them?
can I send it out to get rebuilt myself?
Model# 50v500aI have a Hitachi 50vs69a LCD tv that had the same issues as everyone else. First the lamp went out and then the blue blur showed up on the screen. After doing my research online I found that Hitachi was paying for these light engines. I called them once I had a certified dealer check the tv out to confirm the light engine was indeed the problem. They agreed to fix the light engine at not cost for the part. I had to pay for the labor which was $400 dollars. Currently the tv is at the repair shop getting fixed and I plan on calling Hitachi back so they can also pay for the labor. That is way too much to pay when the price of these tv's are getting so low these days. With a lamp and labor I could have bought a new tv for not that much more.
You can check with legal advice because recurring problems with the same part is a design fault and has to covered by the manufacturer free of parts and labor until you dispose of the unit
Posted on Mar 12, 2017
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had whole redish/pinkish screen on my 50v500 starting a few days ago, then I read through each of the threads on this site for the samilar problems on my model. I found TVtechmaniac's solution (pasted below) solved my problem. Thank you TVtechmaniac!
Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
1. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
2. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
3. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
4. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
5. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
6. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
7. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
8. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
9. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
SOURCE: Hitachi 50V710 Yellow screen
You are correct on the diagnosis of the problem. I would contact a reapir shop and ask them how much labor cost is if you bring them the set and the new light engine.
Posted on May 21, 2009
Not worth it. Its an expensive part and takes some time putting it in(Unless its a new model). Regardless, don't do it.
Posted on Dec 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2010 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Dec 02, 2009 | Hitachi Televison & Video
May 01, 2009 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Apr 30, 2009 | Televison & Video
Dec 02, 2007 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Nov 08, 2007 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Oct 19, 2007 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
May 14, 2009 | Hitachi 50VS69 50" Projection HDTV
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!